At Cathay Pacific, we share one common aspiration: to be the world's best airline.
Cathay Pacific and its subsidiaries employ a total of over 28,000 people across 39 countries that we operate to. With a global team, we offer a diverse range of career choices and opportunities - in the air, on the ground; in customer service, in the office; managerial or professional roles. Our team of great people each plays a key role to deliver the quality service that we are famous for.
All China based positions are subject to local terms and conditions.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Mainland China. We are unable to assist applicants with visa or work permit applications.
Once employment is confirmed, the employment contract and personnel file will be arranged through local FESCO/ FASCO.
To support the Marketing Manager and coordinate with local markets and agencies to plan and execute integrated communications campaigns to portray Cathay’s brand, products & services, fare promotion, and other company stories with maximum positive buzz and impact in the PRD market in order to build PRD as extended home market for the airline group. To assist the Marketing Manager to deliver all brand, marketing and Public Relations activity across the region.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Support the development and execution of the GBA marketing communications plan for the airline group in PRD, our extended home market. Incorporate known initiatives from other business units ranging from brand, product & service, fare promotions, and other positive corporate stories.
- Assist Marketing Manager to prepare communication briefs with input from other PRD sales and business development teams, and execute campaigns to meet marketing and business objectives.
- Assist Marketing Manager to execute each campaign from project initiation, ideation, media and channel planning, content production, execution, to post-campaign result measurement and evaluation
- Work closely with the PRD Business Development and other sales teams to promote the awareness of CX intermodal offerings and grow CX sales in PRD. Prepare local marketing collateral, e-collateral to suit local campaign and promotional needs. Ensure local collateral stock levels are maintained appropriately
- Work with agency partners to effectively adapt global marketing materials to maximise regional market relevance and impact. Review proposed local language and against local culture to flag cultural sensitivities when global and regional campaigns are applied locally
- Assist to develop local partnerships aligned with the global partnerships strategy to promote airline group’s brand in the GBA region
- Achieve all brand Key performance Indicators for the region
- Utilise marketing activities to recruit Marco Polo, Asia Miles and Registered Users members and gather consumer data. Undertake initiatives to increase the engagement with Marco Polo members as required.
- Actively promote new product and/or ancillary features to generate additional revenue
- Assist with the organisation of local sales and trade events as required
Public Relations & Social Media
- Help to build and maintain strong local media relationships, contacts, and database
- Engage and manage relationship building with traditional and new media in the region
- Arrange and support local media events, familiarisation trips, management interviews and public speaking and engagements as required for the region
- Assist to create positive stories for the Airline(s) with local relevance and appeal
- Assist to manage the social media content strategy and report on engagement and performance of social channels as required
- Assist to collect regional market intelligence in association with competition analysis and consumer trend monitoring
- Search for and monitor potential reputational issues arising in the region and support the Marketing Manager for preemptive actions and risk mitigation
- Coordinate with marketing and public relations agencies and ensure that agency and marketing partner output is on-brand
- Prepare marketing briefs for local marketing materials / needs
Emergency and Accident Communications
- Emergency and Accident and Crisis Response responsibilities as required
Qualifications / Experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience
- A university degree in marketing, communications, business administration or other related disciplines
- A strong understanding of the PRD (especially Shenzhen) market & consumer behavior
- A strong understanding of the nature and usage of different media channels for effective communications
- Excellent Chinese and English writing skills. Native in Mandarin, fluent in English. Proficiency in Cantonese will be an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills – must be able to assemble and interpret data, create executive summaries and deliver business insights
- High degree of internet savvy, with a curiosity and enthusiasm for digital and media trends
- Strong problem solving and project management skills – able to identify, analyze and propose solutions to various business or execution issues
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, ensuring speed to market whilst maintaining quality of work
- Capable of working outside of office hours in response to urgent Corporate Affairs matters
- Capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Discreet individual, who can be trusted with confidential material
- Good media relationship will be an advantage
- Experience in airline, travel, or hospitality industry will be an advantage
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.