Reports to: Associate General Counsel
Department: Group Legal and Compliance (CRM)
Group Legal is responsible for providing high quality legal services to the Cathay Pacific Group and is mandated to provide legal services in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
Group Legal is seeking a high caliber litigation lawyer to join its Employment and Dispute Resolution practice group. As Legal Counsel, you will be working in a fast-changing and interesting industry and this is an excellent opportunity to build an in-house career with a leading and iconic Hong Kong company.
- You will be responsible for handling all types of contentious legal matters across the Cathay Pacific Group.
- You will need to be a good team player who is able to work effectively with the Business and be seen as a trusted-advisor. You will need to have a good understanding of the Business (including understanding their strategic and operational objectives and aims) and be able to identify and assess legal risk and provide sound and pragmatic legal advice that is both business and solution-oriented while effectively managing legal risk at the same time.
- You will need to be able to work with all levels across the organization and know when to escalate issues and advise and report up to director level on difficult and complex legal issues. You will also need to have an understanding of corporate governance and decision-making process in the organization.
- You will be responsible for instructing and monitoring the quality of legal services provided by external law firms. You will assist in preparing the legal budget and forecasts and will also help manage the legal budget and external legal spend.
- You will be required to assist Group Legal generally across all areas on an as-needed basis and to assist with team projects and initiatives. You will also prepare and deliver training and briefings on legal topics to the Business and to keep Group Legal, the Business and management abreast of legal updates and developments that may impact the Cathay Pacific Group.
Group Legal - Employment & Dispute Resolution
- As a specialist litigation lawyer, you will be responsible for handling and providing legal advice on a wide range of disputes and claims including commercial and contractual disputes, passenger claims, competition claims as well as settlements and alternative dispute resolution.
- Handling and managing legal actions in Hong Kong and overseas at all court levels, including drafting/reviewing pleadings, witness statements and settlement agreements etc., attending conciliation, mediation and court/arbitration hearings.
- Liaising with regulators and handling investigations and requests for assistance by Hong Kong or overseas authorities and regulators such as the Police, Customs and Excise Department, Immigration Department, Independent Commission Against Corruption, Securities & Futures Commission, etc.
- As a member of the Employment and Dispute Resolution practice group, you will also be assisting on contentious employment matters.
- Conducting legal research.
- Hong Kong or commonwealth qualified lawyer with excellent technical legal skills.
- 6 to 8 years PQE in litigation gained from a reputable law firm. Prior In-house experience is an advantage but is not required.
- Fluent in spoken and written English. Good command of both spoken and written Chinese and Mandarin is an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with people at all levels and work in a multi-cultural work environment
- Experience in engaging with regulators is an advantage.
- High attention to detail, and able to see and understand the bigger picture.
- Extremely well organized and good at planning and managing his/her time as well as others.
- Mature and has a high sense of responsibility and accountability for their work.
- Excellent commercial acumen.
- Able to work proactively and independently with minimum supervision.
- High work standards and a willingness to learn.
- Efficient and able to prioritise workload, multi-task and work under time pressure.
- Highly developed influencing and conflict resolution skills.
- High proficiency in office applications (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Sharepoint).
- Setting Direction
- Leading and Engaging Teams
- Driving Business Performance and Change
- Developing and Recognising Others
Application deadline: 18 October 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.