Reports to: Technical Services Manager (Fleet Support Boeing)
Department: Engineering (ENG)
The job holder will report to the Technical Services Manager (Boeing Fleet Support Team), who is the duty holder of ensuring that Cathay Pacific (CX) operations are provided with safe, compliant and reliable aircraft, systems and components in a cost effective way. The job holder is accountable for the technical operational reliability performance and maintenance cost accountability for all Boeing fleets.
Duty Holder responsibilities include:
- Deputise team manager when required.
- Coordinate team workload.
- Maintain oversight of team work quality and standards.
- Be the main contact point in team for external stakeholders.
Section responsibilities include:
- Provide 7-day tech support for BM or LM Aircraft on Ground (AOG) or critical technical issues.
- Manage significant and repetitive defects to minimise operational disruption.
- Oversee operational reliability to identify and mitigate emerging technical issues.
- Support Technical Services Reliability and Development team for longer term reliability management.
- Oversee deferred defect levels and manage outsourced defect management functions to ensure service levels and targets are met.
- Manage operational reliability key drivers.
- Manage technical investigations and implement corrective actions including ASR, MOR, QDR, etc.
- Responsible for Boeing fleet OEM and vendor management of performance, reliability and cost drivers.
- Be aware of world fleet reliability issues through OEM documentation process management.
- Oversee and optimise maintenance cost.
- 7 to 10 years experience in Engineering role
- Degree in Engineering or aerospace discipline or an equivalent professional qualification (aircraft license holder)
- Strong supplier management experience.
- Strong aviation engineering knowledge, in Boeing airframe systems discipline
- Good business understanding in engineering and maintenance
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Planning and Organising
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
Application deadline: 24 February 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.