Reports to: Technical Services Manager (Avionics and eOperations)
Department: Engineering (ENG)
The job holder will report to the Technical Services Manager (Avionics and eOperations), who is the duty holder for ensuring that Cathay Pacific (CX) is provided with safe, compliant and reliable aircraft, systems and components in a cost effective way. The job holder is accountable for the technical operational reliability performance and maintenance cost accountability for all CX Group fleets.
Duty Holder responsibilities include:
- Deputise for team manager when required.
- Support team leader in coordinating team workload.
- Maintain oversight of team work quality and standards.
- Be the main contact point in team for external stakeholders
Section responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership for process improvements including digitisation and e-enablement.
- Manage ongoing improvements and enhancements to aircraft and engineering digital systems.
- Support Technical Services teams for longer term reliability management.
- Provide 7-day technical support for Base or Line maintenance Aircraft On Ground (AOG) or critical technical issues.
- Oversee deferred defect levels and manage outsourced defect management functions to ensure service levels and targets are met.
- Manage technical investigations and implement corrective actions, including ASR, MOR, QDR, etc.
- Responsible for fleet OEM and vendor performance management, reliability and cost drivers.
- Review and support action of Service Bulletins and other OEM advisory documentation.
- Be aware of world fleet reliability issues through OEM documentation process management.
- Oversee and optimise maintenance cost.
- Minimum 7.5 years' experience in Engineering role.
- Degree in Engineering, Aerospace, IT/Communications disciplines or an equivalent professional qualification.
- Strong aviation engineering knowledge and experience, preferably of Airbus or Boeing aircraft.
- Strong supplier management experience.
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Planning and Organising
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
Application deadline: 18 June 2020
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.