Reports to: Fleet Management Manager
Department: Engineering (ENG)
Fleet Management team is responsible for providing cross-departmental Engineering support to a wide range of technical, commercial and contract activities relating to the acquisition, lease and sales of aircraft for Cathay Pacific, Cathay Dragon and Air Hong Kong.
Engine Asset Management and the nomination of engines for aircraft lease return and sales is a key element of aircraft transitions, where we must comply with defined contractual obligations and also manage cost and risk.
The job holder will perform technical and commercial analysis of fleet Engines. He/she will perform Engine Asset Management functions, to plan and manage the selection of Engines for lease return and sales, ensuring compliance with defined contractual obligations. He/she will also contribute to aircraft lease and sales contracts, to ensure they are cost effective and deliverable by Engineering department.
- Review the long term fleet plan in conjunction with engine shop visit plan for each engine type
- Review of aircraft lease and aircraft sale agreements
- Technical and commercial analysis of fleet engines
- Develop and maintain an Engine Asset Management Plan for CX/KA fleet
- Maintain an overview of engine workscopes at shop visit for each engine type
- Facilitate cross BU and department meetings to align plans and actions for Engine assets
- Support aircraft lease return and sales projects, nominating suitable Engines and APU and ensuring compliance with defined contractual obligations
- Manage and control Engine transition costs in line with budget provisions
- Contribute technical terms and conditions for Engines in aircraft lease and sales contracts
- Consolidating and presenting Engine data, to support fleet evaluations and fleet plans
- Minimum 7.5 years experience in aircraft maintenance and/or engineering. Relevant experience in Engine asset management, OEM engagement and industry forums.
- Degree in Engineering / Aerospace discipline or Aircraft Engineering Maintenance License.
- Proven experience in supervising and managing projects and cross functional teams.
- Strong leadership skills. Proven ability to manage across departments and OEMs.
- Strong in communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Drive for excellence.
- Adaptable and responsive to change. Demonstrate ability to drive change.
- Proven ability to drive and supervise team members.
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Commercial Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
Application deadline: 13 February 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.