Reports to: Components and Powerplants Manager
Indirectly reports to: Head of Inventory Management
The Lead Component Engineer is responsible for developing strategies and initiatives to effectively manage rotable and repairable components required by the operational fleet to ensure the associated cost of ownership is minimised without compromising on safety. The aim is to provide optimal reliability and save costs in maintaining and stocking rotable and repairable components. The Lead Engineer should also look forward to anticipate potential future cost-drivers and take the initiative to develop cost-effective management strategies in consultation with other internal stakeholders.
Key Responsibility and tasks:
- In consultation with TS, implement optimised shop workscopes where required to improve reliability and cost of ownership.
- Vet and validate Inventory Technical Management (ITM) and repair invoices both from a contractual and technical perspective.
- Represent component management in RAR, AMS development and modification assessment processes.
- Conduct regular review of actual component costs versus industry benchmarks and OEM baselines to identify cost-drivers and initiate cost mitigation actions where required.
- Forward review upcoming high cost component maintenance events and definition of cost mitigation steps as required.
- For fleet exits, define optimal component swapping strategy to maximise value retention and initiate actions to execute agreed swaps.
- Identify component re-certification candidates for review by Technical Services.
- Oversee the ITM service providers’ component engineering activity related to reliability management, NFF rates, low-time removals and rogue units.
- Interact effectively with OEM’s, external repairer’s suppliers, manufacturers and MRO’s recommending/driving changes that benefit the airline.
- Search and drive for process improvements in any areas associated with effectively managing a component and its data integrity.
- Contribute effectively at regular airline/ supplier meetings, which meet the expectations of the airline.
- Take the lead on cost reduction initiatives, define the project scope, and work with other team members to execute such plans.
- Deputise for Components and Powerplants Manager as required.
- Minimum 7.5 years' experience in aircraft maintenance and/or engineering processes. Relevant experience in inventory and/or technical services.
- Degree in Engineering / Aerospace discipline or other engineering field. Alternatively, licensed engineer.
- Proven experience in working with cross-functional teams, and liaising with OEM’s.
- Good commercial and financial awareness and acumen. Good analytical skills.
- Strong in communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Drive for excellence.
- Adaptable and responsive to change. Demonstrated ability to drive change.
- Proven ability to drive initiatives across the department.
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Commercial Acumen
- Planning and Organising
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
Application Deadline: 11th December 2018