Reports to: Head of Procurement (Technology and Professional Services)
Department: Procurement & Aircraft Trading (APD)
This position will be responsible for the definition and implementation of the sourcing strategies for IT Infrastructure in Hong Kong and the outports, and for leading the associated Supplier Relationships within the SRM framework.
- Define and implement sourcing, procurement and commercial strategies relating to IT Infrastructure products and services used within Hong Kong and Internationally at Outport locations.
- Conduct global, regional, and local market analysis to identify emerging trends that may have positive or negative impacts on the company, and develop new strategies to effectively leverage or mitigate these.
- Develop and manage relationships with key infrastructure suppliers and other organisations that have influence on the market direction, such as Market Insight agencies and technology institutions.
- Define the strategy to restructure the current procurement operating model to enable maximum leverage and utilization of the Cross Category Team in all transactional and commodity purchasing activities (e.g. tender events, reviewing Statements of Work), and engage with BU stakeholders (IT and Business, including Outport teams) to drive further efficiencies through use of cross-functional category support.
- Drive high performance culture and standards among Procurement and Aircraft Trading Department (APD) community.
- University graduate in related discipline.
- 5 years' relevant experience.
- Procurement and Category Management experience is essential.
- Ability to adapt and learn rapidly to be able to talk the language of the stakeholders.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and basic contract law.
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Ability to inspire, and build trust and respect among the APD community.
- Excellent people skills; including the ability to negotiate and influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to define and implement strategies.
- Approachable and decisive.
- Setting Direction
- Leading and Engaging Teams
- Driving Business Performance and Change
- Developing and Recognising Others
Application deadline: 31 January 2021
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.