Reports to: Components and Powerplants Manager
Department: Engineering (ENG)
The position is responsible for the availability of compliant rotables and repairables (including cabin, APU and powerplants) against agreed service levels.
- Source for component suppliers and repairers iaw approved procedures.
- Raise repair orders for CX-managed components/powerplants and monitor the repair process and repair suppliers. Expedite the orders as necessary to ensure TAT’s are met.
- Raise purchase orders for CX-managed components. Ensure the contractual lead times are met by the suppliers. Expedite the orders as necessary.
- Follow the established procedure to optimise the spending.
- Assist in vetting and validation of repair invoices.
- Assist in managing availability and life-cycle of QEC’s, including QEC build-up, storage, and build-down.
- Assist in managing CX-owned tooling/GSE including ensuring calibration requirements are met.
- Interface with other Inventory Management functions to resolve problems related to spares and deliveries.
- Coordinate activities between other business units and service providers.
- Support and assist team leader or section managers on projects.
- Exposure to inventory management, technical services, and/or procurement activities in a comparable industry.
- Relevant qualifications in a technical, logistics or operations management.
- Good analytical skills and process-oriented. Accurate and thorough. Eager to learn and gain experience.
- Basic financial awareness.
- Strong in communication skills. Ability to report clearly and concisely on activities carried out.
- Drive for excellence.
- Adaptable and responsive to change. Ability to adopt new working practices and implement defined process changes.
- Proven ability to execute assigned tasks and open to supervision and direction.
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Commercial Acumen
- Planning and Organizing
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
Application deadline: 16 September 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.