Reports to: Head of Infrastructure Engineering
This role is accountable and responsible for leading a team of Infrastructure Architects to design and implement fit-for-purpose, cost-effective, responsive and robust IT Infrastructure platforms and services to support business operations, growth and initiatives.
This includes understanding how business operations, application development and workplace productivity are supported by the Infrastructure platforms and services and subsequently engaging with other teams within IMT and across the Business in driving improvements across a broad range of metrics, including time-to-market, cost effectiveness, reliability and performance.
The role will have significant influence on the Infrastructure strategy and roadmap and projects to be submitted for funding. It will also have significant accountability for the operational health and total cost-of-ownership of Infrastructure services and platforms and for the direct management and orchestration of both internal teams, external service providers and product vendors to ensure fit-for-purpose Infrastructure technology solutions.
Accountable to Head of Infrastructure Engineering for;
Strategic Direction and Standards
- Continuously interpret the vision of the IMT department, through interaction with senior management, and deliver products and services to achieve the organizational goals.
- Keep abreast of the latest trends in technology, ensure timely exploration and proactively communicate IMT’s position towards the introduction of relevant / key emerging technologies.
- Assess the evolving direction of the infrastructure product and service portfolio; reviewing planned activities and major deliverables, working with managers to refine these to fulfil goals and reach needed outcomes.
- Implement best practices for Infrastructure management and ensure compliance of technical architecture and design
- Cross team collaboration with Enterprise Architects to drive technology innovation to achieve CPA’s strategic plan and business objectives, and define Infrastructure products and standards as well as non-functional requirements
- Cross team collaboration with Enterprise Testing team to define the quality assurance test plans that meet the company practices and standards.
- Cross team collaboration with APD to ensure procurement of IT equipment and Infrastructure software products are compliant with CPA technology standards.
- Cross team collaboration with Security team to ensure infrastructure solutions are complaint with CPA security standards.
- Cross team collaboration with IT Solution Centres and Business Units to ensure the optimal delivery of projects and ongoing operational stability of systems.
- Understand business requirements, identify and formulate cost effective solutions to business problems.
- Work with other IT teams to ensure solutions are fit for purpose and leverage existing capabilities where possible
- Ensure solutions are delivered in accordance with our policies and standards
- Ensure solutions are delivered that enable on-going support in a cost efficient manner
Infrastructure Technology Planning
- Track and manage the lifecycle of technology products of our Infrastructure services and platforms
- Propose technology roadmap for review and approval according to defined Infrastructure Strategy
- Define the annual TWP based on agreed strategy and roadmap
- Review agreed work plan on regular basis and make required modifications
Infrastructure Architect Design
- Provide infrastructure design using standard building blocks for business and IT projects
- Streamline design process (using a more agile way) to improve time-to-market
- Simplify Infrastructure design using standard design patterns
- Standardize design patterns, service catalogue and build templates
- Perform design validation to ensure solution implemented as design
- Improve technical capabilities to use cloud technologies and software defined technologies
Human Resource Management
- Develop, coach, mentor, motivate, and retain a team of individuals who constantly elevate the capabilities of technology systems to meet business needs through designing, implementing, maintaining and adopting the CPA IMT standard products and services.
- Drive vendors to bring relevant technical skills and innovation in your domain to Cathay Pacific
- Develop a healthy partnership with strategic vendors to allow Cathay Pacific to stay in the advanced airline IT position.
- Minimum 15 years of IT experience with at least 5 years in an Infrastructure management role or equivalent leadership experience.
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience.
- Experience in design and implementation of complex Infra platforms and services
- Experience in leading and motivating large multi-cultural team
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with both IT and Business Units
- Experience in managing large scale global projects with ability to multitask and manage multiple medium to large projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Experience leading the development and implementation of global infrastructure products and services across multiple disciplines.
- Skills in conceptualizing creative solutions, as well as documenting them and presenting/selling them to senior management
- Demonstrated leadership and relationship management experience and skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate staff and to apply skills and techniques to solve dynamic problems.
- Technical proficiency in hardware and system software, as well as experience implementing packages and working with vendors.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as ability to present and explain technical information in a non-technical way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all management levels.
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that with effect from 1 December 2021, all employees must be vaccinated in order to access Cathay City and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons.