Reports to: Senior Infrastructure Lead
The Infrastructure Lead is responsible for providing deep technical expertise and judgements to define and implement technical solutions that support complex business needs. Work with IT Teams of different domains and manage IT professionals from infrastructure support to perform implementation, transition, change management, proactive maintenance and service request in accordance to ITSM process.
- Use appropriate processes and tools to create and maintain infrastructure products and services on public cloud (e.g. AWS and Azure) that are fit-for-purpose, cost-effective and compliant with CPA standards.
- Responsible for preparing, budgeting, review and implementation of cloud infrastructure products and services.
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) and provide expert level (L3) support in area of technical specialization, focal point for incident and troubleshooting of service failure.
- Work closely with Infrastructure Architect (IA), SME from both infrastructure and solution teams and delivery team to formulate infrastructure designs and delivery plan for implementation projects.
- Develop and implement continuous improvements initiatives within own areas.
- Follow and comply the ITIL and ITSM framework and processes including change management, configuration management.
- Perform as PO (product owner) of product/service implementation projects.
- Available to provide 24/7 support as required.
- Technical degree holder with minimum of 10 years IT experience, at least 5 years of IT Infrastructure experience.
- Proven technical management and experience of working in a complex IT infrastructure environment.
- Professional competency in at least one technical specialization of public cloud, infrastructure hosting or automation, with broad understanding of other current and emerging technologies.
- Solid experience of developing solutions and making decisions for team with only minimal management guidance and supervision.
- Ability to listen and articulate ideas verbally, and in the written form, to a broad range of audiences; ability to ask probing questions and deliver presentations.
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, decision-making and critical thinking skills, leveraging both logic and creativity; strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills; ability to identify patterns and generate informed ideas.
- Focus on end user’s or customer’s needs; ability to set expectations and understand end user behaviour.
- Ability to understand strategy and align tactical and strategic work in a well-balanced way to achieve results; willingness to accept and drive change to accomplish positive collective outcomes.
- Passion with latest bleeding-edge technologies with proven track-record in learning new technology.
- Familiar with ITIL framework and processes
- Hands on experience in Operating System (Redhat Linux and/or Microsoft Windows, OS configuration and monitoring, security hardening and patching); knowledge in networking and storage is an advantage
- Hands on experience in administration, design or maintenance of Cloud infrastructure services and platform (AWS, Azure)
- Experience in Cloud platform administration, deployment through automation tool (Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation, Lambda, Azure Automation) is an advantage
- Experience in application development with CI/CD pipeline through Jenkins and GIT is a plus
- Experience in agile methodologies such as Scrum is an advantage
- Good communication skills in English and Cantonese
- Candidate with less experience will be considered as Infrastructure Engineer
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that with effect from 1 June 2022 onwards, all Cathay employees and contractors who work in Cathay City and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong must have received a third dose of COVID 19 vaccine. Being tested regularly for COVID-19 is not an option. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons.