Location: Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of China
Department: Information Technology
Reports to:Senior Infra Lead – DC Infra
To support the strategic goals of Infrastructure & Operations team and work with IT Teams of different domains and lead Infrastructure professionals to perform transition, change management, release management, pro-active maintenance and service request to IT infrastructure services and platforms.
- Use appropriate processes and tools to create systems, or services, on a technical infrastructure which supports business demands, that are resilient, secure and highly available.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement initiatives within own area in line with High Performing Team.
- Take responsibility for implementation of technical part of plans, focusing on requirements and planning to meet or exceed internal client expectations.
- Interface with other IT areas, sharing technical knowledge and expertise, and resolving issues as necessary, using specialist information to enable others to deliver.
- Provide expert level support in area of technical specialization, ensuring prompt and accurate resolution of challenges.
- Communicate the proposed design solutions to the stakeholders, and help to guide decisions regarding tradeoffs that may impact the requirement or delivery timescales for infrastructure projects.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high level information into details and distinguish users’ requests from underlying business problems.
- Show initiative and makes time available to ensure general technical competencies and specializations are kept up-to-date in line with industry developments for self and team.
- Perform proactive maintenance such as oversee system performance, provide recommendations on proactive maintenance activities, manage application and infrastructure support service providers and vendors on performance monitoring and tuning, capacity planning and expansion, implementation of patches and hot fixes.
- Work closely with upstream stakeholders such as solution architects and IT strategy teams to ensure the IT infrastructure asset is delivered aligning with the strategic roadmap.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high level information into details and distinguish user’s requests from the underlying business problems.
- Available to provide 24/7 support as required.
- Technical degree holder with minimum of 8 years IT experience, at least 5 years of IT Infrastructure experience.
- Proven technical management and specialist experience of working in a complex IT infrastructure environment.
- Professional competency in at least one technical specialization, with broad understanding of other current and emerging technologies.
- Solid experience of developing solutions and making decisions for team with only minimal management guidance and supervision.
- Track record of building and maintaining relationships at a senior level and have an ability to influence at all levels.
- Ability to listen and articulate ideas verbally, and in the written form, to a broad range of audiences; ability to ask probing questions and deliver presentations.
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, decision-making and critical thinking skills, leveraging both logic and creativity; strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills; ability to identify patterns and generate informed ideas.
- Focus on end user’s or customer’s needs; ability to set expectations and understand end user behaviour.
- Ability and willingness to proactively accept and drive change to accomplish positive collective outcomes.
- Ability to understand strategy and align tactical and strategic work in a well-balanced way to achieve results.
Professional competencies in the following technical specializations
- Network engineering – Cisco ACI, Cisco router/switches, LAN/WAN/MAN design and implementation, data/voice networks, Cisco UCCE/UCCX or other Telephony and Call Centre technologies, Wireless, Remote access, F5, Bluecoat, Riverbed technologies, Micro-segmentation technologies, various network security products.
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Commercial Acumen
- Planning and Organising
- Customer Focus
- Continuous improvement and Innovation
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
Application deadline: 19 August 2020
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.