Reports to: Head of Planned Maintenance and Records
Department: Engineering (ENG)
The Heavy Maintenance Operations Manager (HMOM) is the duty holder:
- To deliver safe, compliant and reliable aircraft to the airline operation from heavy maintenance facilities in Hong Kong and other locations, excluding Xiamen.
- Ensure that maintenance inputs are conducted according to well-prepared, risk mitigated, Production Plans.
- Ensure MRO adherence to the agreed plan to achieve aircraft TRT from heavy maintenance. In the event of any deviation from the plan, co-ordinate and prioritise with necessary parties to minimise/avoid any impact on TRT.
- Ensure the quality of the work carried out by the MRO meets the intent of the maintenance or modification so that One Operation objective for Safe, Compliant and Reliable post heavy check aircraft are met.
- Accountable for delivering aircraft from heavy maintenance (excluding Xiamen) on time, within budget and to a safe, compliant condition.
Duty holder responsibilities include:
- Accountable for the robust supplier management in HK and overseas MRO (excl XMN)
- Ensuring that the heavy maintenance check management process support the One Operation objectives of delivering safe, compliant and reliable aircraft to the operation.
- Establish check control and progress monitoring methodology and execution.
- Represent the airline/department in negotiations with MROs, OEMs and other external agencies.
- Accountable for the performance of the heavy maintenance MRO’s.
- Accountable for the condition of the aircraft in and delivered from the heavy maintenance facilities.
- Accountable for the quality of check and maintenance actions performed on the aircraft in the heavy maintenance facilities and that they met the intent of the maintenance program requirements.
- Accountable for MRO efficiencies in the heavy maintenance environment.
- Report to CX ENG team for any significant findings and observations and drive for mitigation or recommendations for resolutions.
Section responsibilities include:
- Ensure our MRO providers understand CX business requirements, priorities and the CX Maintenance Philosophy.
- Managing the performance of our Heavy Maintenance services providers.
- Carry out robust risk mitigation review with MRO, based on check content.
- Ensure MRO’s adherence to critical path requirements and check control progression.
- Manage exceptions emerging during the heavy maintenance checks to eliminate or minimise the impact of these exceptions.
- Carry out NRC vetting and man-hour negotiation arising from Heavy Maintenance inputs.
- Implementation of new measurable KPI metrics.
- Identify areas whereby aircraft availability can be achieved or improved.
Management responsibilities include:
- Manage staff and team performance by setting up effective competencies and SMART Goals, and personal development / career plans.
- Strong leadership and leading by example. Ensure the team embrace the ‘Time To Win’ strategy and Engineering Strategy-on-a-Page.
- Develop a sectional scorecard to measure the performance of the team.
- Staff development through coaching, on-job-training, and internal / external training.
- LEAN deployment and utilisation of resources across all team functions.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in aircraft engineering role, preferably in aspects of aircraft maintenance planning.
- Degree in Engineering / Aerospace discipline or Aircraft Maintenance Licence holder or other comparable qualification.
- Strong knowledge in aspects of aircraft maintenance planning and maintenance budget management
- Strong project management skills and able to initiate and lead process improvement projects
- Strong business understanding and cost awareness in aircraft engineering and maintenance
- Strong management skills, able to manage a team of engineers to perform key responsibilities, and to drive continuous improvement
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to collaborate with and influence internal and external partners
- Good understanding of CX ENG and corporate organization structures, and industrial environment n structures, and industrial environment.
- Setting Direction
- Leading and Engaging Teams
- Driving Business Performance and Change
- Developing and Recognising Others
Application deadline: 24 January 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.