Reports to: General Manager Inflight Service Delivery
Department: Inflight Services Delivery (ISD)
Our Cabin Crew population of over 13,000 comprise multiple bases governed by different Conditions of Services and a multitude of Union Agreements. The principle purpose of Head of Strategic Planning & Projects is to ensure flights are adequately resourced and delivered on budget, in compliance with different COS and Industrial Agreements, whilst balancing operational requirements and lifestyle considerations for Cabin Crew. On top of this, as the owner of the department’s key operation data, the Strategic Planning further provides critical decision-making support and recommendations to the rest of the department. This support takes the form of analysis and modelling in respect of day-to-day issues as raised by the 5 Cabin Crew Unions as well as Year End Discussions. Finally, Strategic Planning is responsible for the development, evaluation and portfolio management of long term initiatives to improve business performance, productivity and crew satisfaction, thus ensuring the sustainability of our business as well as a highly engaged, motivated Cabin Crew workforce.
Resource and budget planning and management
- Act as key link and point of contact with various teams to ensure operation is at all times adequately resourced
- Manage the department's Budget. Where variations occur these are anticipated, explained and mitigated at earliest opportunity
- Ensure effective developments of the department's budgets and exercise control to meet key cost/ productivity targets, including budget planning monitoring and variance explanation
- Tracking of longer term cost saving initiatives to ensure they deliver agreed benefits
- Collaborate closely with People Dept to ensure readiness and competence of manpower resources
- Support training and ad hoc needs of other sections and departments, particularly in respect of rostering crew for workshops, forums and other activities
- Drive long term strategies to improve productivity and crew satisfaction, develop and implement future roadmap for the department
- Challenge status quo and look for opportunities provided by new tools, technologies, analytics and insights from data
- Develop and implement a scorecard with objectives, strategy, KPIs, targets, and key project list to meet goals.
- Work closely with all section Department Heads to identify and implement business improvement initiatives.
- Provide decision making support to Head of Employee & Industrial Relations and Bases in their regular meetings and negotiations with Cabin Crew Unions
Point of contact for ISD with IT and responsibility for Portfolio Management
- Ensure projects and initiatives are aligned with strategic objectives and bring business benefits
- Working closely with our IT, Digital and Transformation teams, etc., to ensure effective and efficient management of all key projects so that benefits are delivered
- Assist senior management in prioritising projects, measuring and tracking ROI and other business benefits
- Provide support to section Heads on scoping and developing business cases to support projects requiring investments
- Assist senior management in prioritising where IT Enhancement budget is spent
Consulting and Development services
- Provide advice and counsel to Project Managers of key projects identified in Scorecard / Portfolio
- Drive key projects development. Act as the Project Manager to drive the change and be able to pull stakeholders, e.g. Different sections within the department or other Cathay Pacific departments together to participate
- Key focus areas: scoping, Business Process Re-engineering (BPR), key stakeholders management, risk meanagement, benefits realisation plan.
- Accountable for AOC / IOSA related to cabin operations
- Ensure understanding of role in the Crisis Management Plan and full completion of responsibilities when required
- Participate in arranged Crisis Plan activities, designed to ensure awareness and readiness, as required
- Fully support quality and safety outcomes including implementation and monitoring of safety and quality activities and processes to ensure ongoing compliance with all regulatory requirements, organisational standards and approved procedures
- Ensure the integrity of Cathay Pacific cabin safety policies and procedures are maintained at all times
- At least 10 years airline experience
- Tertiary education
- Strategic agility
- Good analytical skill, especially with figures
- Strong project management skills
- Proficiency in computer applications e.g. MS Office.
- Excellent written and oral communicate skills in English
- Setting Direction
- Leading and Engaging Teams
- Driving Business Performance and Change
- Developing and Recognising Others
Application deadline: 22 September 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.