Reports to: General Manager Enterprise Transformation and Portfolio Management
Department: Enterprise Transformation & Portfolio Management (EPM)
Enterprise Transformation and Portfolio management supports the business to set their visions, objectives and to carry out the changes needed. This role will provide the advice, the processes, and tool set to facilitate the process transformations required in the business. This role leads part of the corporate Lean team dedicated to identifying, leading and delivering Lean Six Sigma projects as part of the end to end process reviews of the company.
This role will work with senior leaders of the company including Directors and General Managers to manage their portfolio of transformational initiatives and projects. One of the key aspects is to introduce the Lean best practices, tools and methodology to the initiatives and projects ensuring a standard process is applied across the portfolio.
Part of the role will be to prepare and deliver the deployment of the Company’s Lean training program. Bringing to the company a deep knowledge, experience and passion for Lean skills.
- Act as a Strategic Transformation Business Partner for Senior Leaders
- Support Senior Leaders to manage their portfolio of initiatives and projects.
- Lead at least one Large Scale project per year
- Train Lean Yellow, Green and Black Belt classes
- Coach and mentor different levels of employees (from CFO to ground staff)
- Identify and facilitate opportunities for dashboards, process mapping, RPA, baselines, challenging targets, automation and continuous improvement initiatives
- Provide subject matter expertise and industry best practices related to business transformation
- Constantly apply Lean and Six Sigma analysis to monitor processes
- Support the execution of systematic approach, proactive problem solving and preventive actions by training, developing, coaching and mentoring any key stakeholder from Senior Leaders to Operations Managers
- Provide critical thinking and influence by helping to link the company’s strategic agenda to the resulting execution plan. Provides guidance and counsel in the development of long term and short term plans involving strategic development, resource allocation, work plans, timelines, and financial outcomes
- Engage Business Unit leaders regarding requirements to deliver on strategies and partnerships to identify Lean opportunities by initial scoping
- Ensure End to End process improvement implementation across departments
- Improve strategy execution by ensuring integration with other key departments ensuring seamless service delivery from strategy formulation to execution
- Resolve conflicts by negotiating with affected executive management
- Develop and mentor staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes
- Build and maintain employee morale and motivation; ensure the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; foster a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated practical and strategic leadership experience in a Lean and continuous improvement culture
- 7 years professional experience with exposure to a culture of continuous improvement
- Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt certification would be an advantage
- Experience implementing large scale initiatives and tracking results
- Ability to work across all levels and lead through influence
- Experience managing teams; proven ability to lead and motivate
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required; ability to recommend alternative solutions and translate complex concepts into simplified and understandable examples
- Strong understanding of business process mapping; application of these principles to solving complex business problems
- Strong understanding of End to End business improvements
- Experience working with and presenting to senior executives
- Setting Direction
- Leading and Engaging Teams
- Driving Business Performance and Change
- Developing and Recognising Others
Application deadline: 24 October 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.