Reports to: General Manager Inflight Service Delivery
This position is responsible for driving inflight service excellence by establishing the standards, procedures, tools, equipment and methods for delivering excellent customer
service inflight; and, maintaining safe and compliant operational standards. This position is also responsible for driving smooth and efficient Cabin Crew Operations and ensures company, safety and regulatory requirements are met at all times. This role is also responsible for the setting the Uniform Standards and ensuring adequate inventory controls and smooth operations across the company.
A team of managers report into the role covering operational standards, compliance, safety, technical operations, service enablement, customer service delivery, and cabin crew operations.
Inflight customer service
- Develop the strategy and plan to drive inflight service excellence which includes establishing policies and procedures and enabling our cabin crew to develop the skills and competencies to deliver service
- Work closely with Customer Experience team to oversee the development of new initiatives, or changes related to Inflight Service Development function for continuous improvement on cost, productivity, service and efficiency for cabin crew and customer service
- Ensure all new concepts and designs are operationally feasible and compliant of all safety standards
- Drive the digital strategy and roadmap for service and operations
Cabin crew operations
- Develop the strategy to ensure Cabin Crew Operations are smooth and efficient and support company OTP
- Oversee day-to-day operation support and the management of cabin crew briefing office, pre and post flight operations
- Ensure timely and effective support to cabin crew during disruptions and incidents
- Enable and provide digital and logistical support to cabin crew during their pre and post flight operations in order to meet Hong Kong and international regulatory requirements
Inflight technical operations
- Oversee the overall technical operations, crew complement, duties and tasks of cabin crew of all ranks for all aircraft types and all the related ISD Operations Part B Cabin Crew Operating Manuals
- Oversee the development and implementation of service, work flows, technical operations, design of tasks and procedures for crew
- Oversee the preparatory project work on new and retrofitted aircraft in terms of LOPA, cabin layout, galley design and stowage, establishment of crew complement, developing a cabin crew operating manuals, duties and responsibilities, training standards and requirements, coordinating, through FOP, with the Civil Aviation Department with respect to cabin crew duties and tasks and legality
Inflight operational standards, compliance and safety
- Develop the strategy and plan for maintaining high safety, compliance and operational standards; driving down work injury and reducing cabin hazards
- Ensure that cabin safety and security policies and procedures are developed, up-to-date and maintained at all times and that they comply with Hong Kong and international aviation’s regulatory and safety requirements.
- Oversee and monitor that cabin operations meet regulatory and company standards.
- Fully support ISD quality and safety outcomes including implementation and monitoring of safety and quality activities and processes to ensure ongoing compliance with all Hong Kong and international aviation’s regulatory and safety requirements, organizational standards and approved procedures.
- Work closely with Flight Operations (FOP) on ISD operations policy and procedures and act as a point of contact for HKCAD regarding ISD related enquiries through FOP
- Act as ISD representative in various Groups and Committees (e.g. Cabin Safety Action Group, Airline Safety Review Committee, Occupational Health & Safety Action Group
- Develop, implement and participate in Crisis Management
- Responsible for and approve the content for the publication of all ISD’s operations and services manuals
Uniform service & grooming standards
- Oversee the Corporate Grooming and Uniform policies for Cabin Crew and all front line staff across the company
- Oversee uniform services management for all front line staff of all departments and the development and maintenance of systems to ensure consistent delivery of service standards
- Strong leadership, decision making and analytical skills with a solid background in data analysis.
- Strong experience in project management across different sections, departments and across different disciplines, as well as across external parties.
- Solid experience in supplier management, benchmarking and market intelligence.
- Strong time management skills, logical, structured with a systematic approach, well organised, detail focused and methodological.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to communicate with people at all levels, in particular with the senior management level and outsource suppliers.
- Excellent command of English (both spoken and written).
- Strong computer literacy e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, MS Word, SharePoint.
- Minimum Tertiary education, a Master’s Degree would be of an advantage.
- Solid background knowledge on inflight safety operational, Inflight Services Standards.
- Sound knowledge and understanding on Safety Management Systems (SMS), in particular on the risk assessment, safety Investigation, just culture, safety audit, safety and security regulatory compliance, Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) related disciplines.
- Strong awareness in and up-to-date with the overall commercial aspect of the airline
- Strong solid background and experience in effective project management, change management, establishment of policy and procedures.
- Cabin Crew operational environment and standards related to safety and service discipline
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that with effect from 1 June 2022 onwards, all Cathay employees and contractors who work in Cathay City and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong must have received a third dose of COVID 19 vaccine. Being tested regularly for COVID-19 is not an option. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons.