Reports to: General Manager – GSORM
Department: Group Safety and Operational Risk Management
- Accountable for the effective design and delivery of the quality assurance program in Cathay Pacific Airways, ensuing it is fit for purpose, consistent and meets both external (regulatory and industry) and internal requirements.
- AOC Post Holder for the Operational Quality System in Cathay Pacific Airways.
- Ensure communication and coordination with operational managers in the management of operational risk for Cathay Group airlines.
- Ensures the Group Quality team are adequately resourced, directed, enabled and engaged to achieve their vision, mission and objectives.
Operational Quality System and Quality Assurance
- Possess the appropriate qualifications, authority and independence to effectively deliver the Quality Assurance programme, within the Cathay Pacific Airways.
- Ensure an effective, efficient risk based quality assurance program supported by performance metrics that results in a reduction of operational risk and ongoing compliance with legal requirements and conformance to IOSA requirements.
- Ensure safety audits of the Safety Management System within the airline to ensure that its structure is sound and that it meets the intent of HKCAD CAD712 SMS for Air Operators and Maintenance Organisations.
- Conduct auditing services, as required and under Operational Services Agreement and Service Appendix provisions, for Cathay Pacific fully owned subsidiaries.
- Ensure the airlines’ audit program is delivered on schedule and within the limitations of its scope.
- Oversee the supplier quality management framework and processes and ensure they are implemented as part of regular business process in operational departments.
- Ensure the continued suitability, adequacy, effectiveness and improvement of the operational quality system within the airlines.
- Implement a governance structure that supports a culture where the senior management of the airlines are aware of the results of the audit programs, and are both engaged and committed to improve these results.
- Conduct the quality control and approval process on draft audit reports.
- Act as a Lead Auditor and/or Auditor for Consolidated Port Audits, as per qualification level, contributing the number of audits as assigned by GQMGO to meet the company, regulatory or IOSA requirements.
- Act as a Lead Auditor and/or Auditor for Corporate level internal audits as per qualification level & as assigned by the relevant GQMAP to meet the company, regulatory or IOSA requirements.
- Act as a Lead Auditor and/or Auditor for Internal Audits and Supplier Audits as per qualification level & as assigned by the relevant GQM to meet the company, regulatory or IOSA requirements.
- Maintain the CX QM as document owner and process for CEO approval.
- Chair the internal Quality Meeting.
- Ensure effective administration and utilization of the audit database where it is utilized in support of quality assurance activity ensuring its effective deployment across all operational functions.
- Ensure the management of the bi-annual IOSA external audit for the airline to ensure the ongoing conformance with IOSA standards.
- Ensure the continued listing of the airline on the IATA IOSA registry.
Representation and Liaison
- Represent the airlines with HKCAD in respect of the operational quality system compliance, including the Safety Management System (SMS).
- Ensure an effective relationship with the HKCAD based on mutual trust for quality related matters.
- Represent the airlines on the IATA IOSA Oversight Committee or Safety Flight Ground Advisory Council and IOSA Task Force.
- Act as the airlines and geographical region representative on IATA committees and other industry bodies specifically in respect of IOSA, ISAGO and similar policy development used to support industry operational safety outcomes.
- Formal liaisons with related industry representatives who have a specific interest in quality inputs, outputs and outcomes including insurance underwriters.
- Ensure the airlines and regional viewpoints are heard and acted upon at the IATA IOSA Oversight Committee, Safety Flight Ground Advisory Council and IOSA ORG Technical Group.
- Develop and maintain a high performing and agile Group Quality team that is competent, capable, aligned, engaged and adaptable to the changes in both the organization and industry.
- Represent the Company and/or Department at relevant meetings in a professional and loyal manner.
- Ensure that all positions affecting operational safety and security within the quality section of GSORM are filled by personnel who have the appropriate knowledge, skills, training and experience.
- Conduct periodic assessments and/or evaluations for Lead Auditors, as required.
- Assist in the response to a crisis involving the airlines as a senior member of the Care Team.
- Maintain an accurate and fit for purpose budget that delivers on top down targets set by the company.
- Ensure if absent from the workplace for prolonged periods of time (i.e. more than 5 working days) that effective delegation and/or deputising will be stated in writing to the parties concerned.
- Deputise for GM-GSORM when required to cover extended absences.
- Adhere to company policies as published in the Cathay Pacific Airways intranet and in company manuals.
Formal acceptance from the Hong Kong Civil Aviation Department (HKCAD) as an appropriate person to fulfil the post holder role.
- Articulate with excellent command of both spoken and written English.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent ability to influence stakeholders’ relationship.
- Excellent leadership, people management, change management and project management skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Data and process literate.
- Computer literate - Microsoft Office.
- Tertiary qualifications.
- Formal quality qualifications.
- Airworthiness course (HKCAD)
- Excellent understanding of Air Operator’s Certificate requirements.
- Lead auditor / Evaluator qualifications.
- Dangerous goods awareness qualification.
- Care team training.
- Excellent understanding of supplier quality management.
- Excellent knowledge of airline ground and flight operations.
- ICAO safety management system training.
- ISAGO and IOSA auditor qualifications.
- Lean awareness.
- 10-15 years in airline or related industry with operational experience and/or a technical qualification in either Engineering, Flight Operations, Inflight Services, Ground Operations, or Cargo Operations.
- 7-10 years in management role.
- 7-10 years lead auditor experience.
- Setting Direction
- Leading and Engaging Teams
- Driving Business Performance and Change
- Developing and Recognising Others
Application deadline: 02 Mar 2021
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.