Reports to: General Manager, Digital
Department: Digital (DGT)
This position is responsible for:
- Design culture change programme and adoption strategy for collaboration and integration of advanced analytics and insights for the organization
- Drive standardization in adoption across senior leadership and across functions in the organization to ensure scalability, sustainability, and retention of knowledge
- Drive the generation of in-depth, actionable quantitative insights with a story-telling approach to drive transformational programme across commercial and operation streams, and support customer insight team
- Devise data aggregation strategy and oversee data integration approach, creation of new & innovative data collection & delivery interfaces and strategic development of external data partnerships, to enable establishing single view of interpreted truth across customer, operation and commercial.
- Lead strategic development of descriptive, predictive and gradually prescriptive analytical models for real-time operational purposes and analytical purposes potentially through collaboration with external partnerships.
- Be a trusted business partner, assess business priorities, facilitate problem framing, address unanswered business issues and develop innovative and practical solutions to complex business problems in a proactive manner. Work closely with Heads of Digital to ensure strong alignment between digital strategy and analytic roadmap to accelerate return of investment from digital transformation initiatives
- Design and implement change and education programme to upskill and transform workforce with high literacy of analytics and adoption into daily processes, together with People team and Training team, with the objective to fully integrate business knowledge, analytics knowhow and technology to drive practical and beneficial implementation of insightful outcome.
- Establish data collection strategy and data infrastructure design & implementation roadmap to enable data aggregation. Ensure quality, accessibility and consistency of data, and oversee smooth operations and readiness of related analytics system and capabilities.
- Design and oversee major analytics programmes and projects to ensure successful and effective implementation of connected data models, data management, visualization and reporting
- Lead and develop a talented and experienced team of data scientists, citizen data scientists, analytics managers and analysts to promote insight-driven culture with emphasis of innovation, collaboration, sustainability, quality, compliance and operational effectiveness. Expand the impact to other analytics teams in CX and Groups
- Work with key stakeholders and IT department to create integrated, multi-disciplinary analytics platforms and tools for growth, as well as responsible for consolidating the different data across customer, marketing, commercial, operations, services, human resource and finance to support the implementation of insight-driven culture in the company.
- Manage pipelines and roadmaps efficiently to both handle day-to-day adhoc analytics needs and longer term projects, provide high level of transparency across departments and C-levels.
- Champion Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence adoption in operational environment, drive standardization across company
- Drive collaboration through sharing of data, insight and best practices in analytics skills across Digital Streams and relevant business units
- Advocate analytics governance, data management & data governance principles & framework within team and across all analytics functions within the company
The ideal candidate will be seen as powerful and authoritative and bringing the ability to influence the analytics adoption.
- Master degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics or related disciplines, applicants with post graduate qualifications and diversified disciplines advantageous
- Minimal 10 years of working experience in data & analytics management for insight generation, with expertise in managing teams with programme management, change management as well as specialised skillsets on data science and artificial intelligence.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to distil complex statistical, or machine learning concept and methodologies, and articulate and connect the insights to overall strategy and business priorities.
- Strong problem framing ability with pragmatic approach to establish, prove/disprove hypothesis or simulate and be able to intuitively translate insightful discovery into plain language, both in speaking and writing. Deep knowledge in applied statistics, data management, analytics & data model design and tool sets.
- Proven experience in managing and working with highly-skilled team members to deliver and operate analytics platforms
- Proven ability to embrace and drive change in a fast-paced & complex working environment, with good working knowledge in business process
- Strong curiosity, self-motivation in business context, resourcefulness with good influencing and interpersonal skills
- Sound project management skills with solid experience in participating in cross departmental work and business process review
- Previous airline industry experience in customer, commercial or operation management a strong plus
- Setting Direction
- Leading and Engaging Teams
- Driving Business Performance and Change
- Developing and Recognising Others
Application deadline: 9 December 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.