Reports to: GM Customer Care
Department: Customer Care (CCD)
As a leading player in the aviation industry, the Cathay Pacific Group recognises that excellent customer communications and outstanding service recovery are essential to our success. In order to achieve the very highest levels of customer loyalty and satisfaction, we are looking for a high calibre and committed individual to head our global Customer Support team.
The Customer Support team in Customer Care Department acts as the central point of contact for customers with compliments, complaints or general queries for the airline and plays a vital role in winning back dissatisfied passengers and building customer loyalty.
The Customer Support team also has an important role to play working with our frontline operational teams to ensure that they have the guidelines, support and skills to resolve service failures ‘on-the-spot’. In addition, Customer Support should enable improvements in the customer experience by identifying customer painpoints / causes of complaints and working with the relevant departments to resolve them at source.
- Formulate and implement strategies that allow Cathay Pacific to make service recovery and customer support a core competency and a major differentiator for the Group.
- Ensure that Cathay Pacific is in full compliance with regulations regarding customers’ rights (including data privacy) as set down by applicable legislation and the relevant aviation authorities.
- Manage, support and provide direction to our central customer support unit in Hong Kong, the customer support teams in Guangzhou, Mumbai and Krakow and the team members based in countries and territories that require local language support.
- Monitor and enhance the performance of the different teams through needs identification and resolution, and perform the essential role to spot trends and understand the changing needs of our customer base.
- Develop the Customer Support team by ensuring that team members are appropriately skilled and trained; you will oversee the development of the systems and tools they need to do the job.
- Work with our frontline teams (cabin crew, at airports, in contact centres), the Customer Experience & Design team and their management to ensure that we have a strategy in place for resolving as many service failures as possible ‘on the spot’. Oversee the delivery of this strategy.
- Design, implement and ensure the successful execution of a proactive service recovery strategy – whereby we resolve issues before the customer needs to bring them to our attention.
- Improve the overall customer experience by identifying those painpoints that cause customers to complain and by working with the relevant departments to identify the root causes of these complaints.
- Improve the productivity of the team, for example by driving the automation of repetitive, non-value adding tasks.
- Interface with industry bodies, including IATA and oneworld, to ensure Cathay Pacific Group’s compliance with new approaches and regulatory requirements.
- Minimum 8 years experience as a manager in customer relations or in a service environment dealing with external customers
- University graduate with excellent written and spoken English
- Proficiency in Cantonese and Mandarin is advantageous
- A clear understanding of what the customer needs
- Strong communication & negotiating skills, including the ability to tactfully say no to demanding customers
- Excellent leadership, analytical and influencing skills
- Knowledge of project and database management
- Setting Direction
- Leading and Engaging Teams
- Driving Business Performance and Change
- Developing and Recognising Others
Application deadline: 19 January 2021
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.