Reports to: GM Brand, Insights & Marketing Communications
Department: Brand, Insights & Marketing Communications
The key purpose of the Insights section is to provide the organization with insights and nurture a culture of insightfulness across the business. The role drives value creating decisions and actions based on deep understanding of customers and stakeholders, also making use of insights as a core part of the way Cathay Pacific does business.
The role brings together quantitative analysis (in particular from the digital team) along with qualitative insights from observations and engagement. In particular, it is important to ensure decisions related to the customer proposition and major investment decisions are driven by insight. This person is the primary interface for all business units requiring insights. The function will also represent and be the voice and champion of the targeted customer segments (current and future).
• Be the voice and champion of our customers and stakeholders
- Represent the voice of our customers in all relevant steering committees and ensure the representation of customers’ interests and needs to the management in bringing insights to support key decisions making.
• Qualitative insights gathering and sharing
- Use various research techniques inclusive of ethnographic research, focus group, online communities, surveys, conjoint studies etc. to understand to unearth, connect and structure quality customer insights for business to drive the transformation of the company into an insight driven organisation that creates tangible values.
• Deep understanding of customers and stakeholders decision motives
• Establishing point of views and be the central repository of insights
- Combining quality quantitative analysis from the digital team with qualitative understanding, the insight team form point of view that is useful for business units to innovate, change, update and create new product and services propositions. It also become the central repository for all combined insights.
• Create, maintain and improve the overall feedback loop
- Understand satisfaction on various touch points and consistently provide feedback on the opportunity and pain-points throughout the customer journey. Assist to monitor change in metrics post proposition alteration and upgrade, ensure the feedback loop from customer feedback to consistent product or service improvement.
• Culture of insightfulness and utilising it to influence
- Work closely with relevant leaders in the organisation to understand the business strategy, opportunities and constraints, organisational culture and structure, proposition development and operational processes. Combine the insights and the expertise of the company for problem and opportunities identifications and to articulate the learnings to develop value propositions and influence to maximize the learnings for business decisions making.
Influence with insights
- Build relationship and partner with both our internal subject matter experts and external customer to become the champion and voice of their insights
- Act as a thought leader interpreting insights derived from vigorous qualitative and quantitative research in support of business needs and business decisions making
- Be an advocator of our target customers in using historical, future and external data in identifying pain point indicators and preventive measures to minimise business risks and maximise business opportunities
- Evaluate insights to ensure problem statements and root cause are identified and tackled via prioritization of pain point and value propositions
Problems identification and value proposition
- Integrate data analytics, lead customer research from online community to develop deep qualitative understanding of customer behavior and psychology
- Develop, interpret and enforce customer insights
- Refine and define to communicate and understand customers’ personas as a mean of qualitative insights
- Identify programme and proposition opportunities through unmet customer needs via problem identifications and value propositions
- Collaborate closely with the customer experience design team, by providing empathy & define opportunities and painpoints, support customer experience team in their process of ideation, prototyping and testing if needed.
Subject Matter Expert with Insights
- Represent the company’s customers insights and be the subject matter expert in the areas of analytical best practices, frameworks, methodologies, structure and the interpretation of the findings
- Identify opportunities and act as an insight influencer in driving the business to adapt and make business decisions with insights
- Have an agile mind-set where large and critical projects can be broken down into bite-size-chunks in order to provide incremental and continuous insights to the business
- Work hand-in-hand with the Head of Marketing to evangelise, ingrain and implement a Data Driven Insights culture across the organisation
- Work very closely with internal stakeholders to create, define and optimise the customer lifecycle based on qualitative and quantitative insights and to define and implement analytics that have a direct impact on future direction, regional expansion, profitability and continuous growth of the business
- 15 years+ experience in insight, research, customer-centric design, business or innovation consulting industry with focus on analytics or in an in-house role working in a similar role.
- Bachelor’s degree holder. Advanced degree preferred
- Experience establishing working relationships with C-level executives and other business leaders.
- Strategic planning and marketing experience.
- Innovation capabilities development experience
- Strong customer and marketing analytics. Any experience on the research side relating to qualitative insights, ethnographic research, focus groups, online structured surveys and online communities, will be looked upon favourably.
- Travel related industry experience is an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action with solid planning and execution
- Ability to work with and lead cross-functional and cross-cultural teams, to drive initiatives and achieve results across a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong English communication skills. Ability to communicate in Cantonese and/or Mandarin would be an advantage.
- Energetic and passionate champion
- Deep cultural understanding of Asian markets/consumers and Asian organization cultures, in particular, Greater China and Hong Kong.
- Instinctive customer empathy
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Planning and Organising
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
Application Deadline: 29 September 2020
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.