Reports to: General Manager Finance and Performance
Department: Financial Services (FIN)
The Head of Corporate Taxation is responsible for the group’s international compliance with corporation tax laws and regulations, researching & defending positions of dispute, together with providing advice on tax planning & structuring opportunities.
- Responsible for global corporate tax compliance and advisory work of Cathay Pacific group (“ the Group”)
- Responsible (and advise in overseas) tax compliance work of Cathay Pacific and its group companies, including transfer pricing, CbCR and FATCA compliance
- Responsible for preparing tax provisions, both current and deferred, of the Group on a periodical basis
- Responsible for the preparation of audited accounts/supporting documents used for tax compliance purpose
- Responsible for tax accounting and disclosure in accordance with relevant accounting standards
- Liaise with and manage the engagement of external tax advisors and auditors in relation to the above
- Carry out internal tax health check within the Group to ensure tax compliance
- Provide day-to-day general corporate/income tax advices, both Hong Kong and overseas, relating to the Group’s business activities
- Prepare analysis and provide assistance whenever necessary for ad hoc tax projects
- Participate in tax defense and litigations whenever there are any tax audits, disputes arises in Hong Kong and overseas jurisdictions
- Represent Cathay Pacific to participate in IATA and in oneworld Taxation working groups/meetings.
- Qualified HKICPA or International Chartered Accountant.
- 15 years’ experience demonstrating a broad set of financial analysis, compliance, control and partnership skills with 10 years of management experience.
- An MBA or relevant other post graduate qualification an advantage, together with non-functional leadership training.
- A proven ability to manage a large team handling multiple and diverse issues, articulate a clear change vision and set goals / hold middle management accountable to outcomes, strong communicator with ability to confidently and clearly engage (authoritatively) within the team, the wider business at various levels and with external stakeholders (such as IATA, banks, etc)
- Setting Direction
- Leading and Engaging Teams
- Driving Business Performance and Change
- Developing and recognising others
Application Deadline:2 July 2020
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.