Location: Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of China
Reports to: Group Quality Manager – Flight and Cabin Operations
Department:Group Safety & Operational Risk Management (GSORM)
Responsible for assisting the Group Quality Manager – Flight and Cabin Operations with the effective implementation of the quality assurance program across the flight operations departments of the Cathay Group airlines, and with relevant suppliers of operational services.
Assists the Group Quality Manager – Flight and Cabin Operations to ensure the cabin operations quality team are directed, enabled and engaged to achieve the group quality vision, mission and objectives.
- Undertaking Quality and/or Risk Management activities as directed by GQM-Flight and Cabin Operations.
- Assist the GQM-Flight and Cabin Operations to manage a high performing and agile cabin operations quality team that is competent, capable, aligned, engaged and adaptable to the changes in both the organization and industry.
- Represent the Company and/or Department at relevant meetings in a professional and loyal manner
- Assist in the response to a crisis involving the Cathay Group airlines as a member of the Care Team
- Develop and maintain an effective relationship with ISD based on mutual trust and understanding, including participation in departmental management meetings.
- Deputize for GQM-Flight and Cabin Operations as required
- Extensive duty travel required
- Adhere to company policies as published in the Cathay Group airlines intranet and in company manuals
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English
- Leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- People management, change management and project management skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Data- and process-literate
- Computer literate - Microsoft Office
- Tertiary qualifications
- Lead auditor qualifications
- Strong understanding of cabin operations
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of cabin crew safety procedures
- Cabin Crew experience (highly desirable)
- Crew Certification AEP/AEQ - Cabin Crew Observations
- Dangerous goods awareness qualification
- Care Team training
- Safety management system
- Lean awareness
- IOSA auditor qualifications
- 5-7 years operational experience in the airline industry, preferably in cabin operations
- 3-5 years in a management role
- 3-5 years lead auditor experience
Application deadline: 15 August 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.