Reports to: Group Insurance Manager
To provide professional advice and services on all non-aviation insurance related matters in respect of the Cathay Pacific Group and provide administrative support to Group Insurance
- Administer non-aviation insurance for CX Group to ensure that insurance cover is in line with CX Group’s guidelines and relevant local regulatory requirements, including administer insurance renewal process, review of insurance coverage, terms and exclusion, seek extensions or endorsements from brokers/insurers whenever necessary
- Identify and assess potential risk areas of CX Group and propose risk transfer
solutions for management perusal
- Assist manager in providing advice and solutions in relation to general insurance
matters to CX Group (departments and subsidiaries)
- Handle all insurance claims matters to ensure that CX Group’s interests are
protected, including but not limited to inspect incident reports and provide prompt notification to insurance brokers, liaise and negotiate with insurance brokers, loss adjustors and/or lawyers, monitor claims process and report the management on major claims
- Prepare claims analysis and statistics for management perusal
- Provide support to Group Insurance in relation to day-to-day administrative matters
- Post-secondary education or above, university graduated preferable. Business and/or related degree will be an advantage.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant commercial experience.
- Knowledge of general insurance preferred. A recognised insurance professional
qualification will be an advantage.
- Good analytical and teamwork capability.
- Ability to work independently.
- Pro-active, good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Proficient in spoken & written English.
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that with effect from 1 June 2022 onwards, all Cathay employees and contractors who work in Cathay City and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong must have received a third dose of COVID 19 vaccine. Being tested regularly for COVID-19 is not an option. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons.