Reports to: Head of Global Sales
Department: Sales and Distribution (SND)
This manager supports the overall achievement of sales by devising strategic action plans, developing customer propositions and sales tools that enable sales teams to drive business. He/she needs to be a customer-centric and results-driven manager who is skillful in collaborating with various stakeholders to drive a positive outcome.
- Devise strategy, proposition and platform to penetrate and drive sales in worldwide SME markets.
- Improve sales capability and efficiency of worldwide sales teams through the design, development and delivery of sales tools and process improvement projects.
- Lead studies and development of new initiatives that drive improvement in customer proposition and experience, staff capability and competitiveness.
- Design and execute change management plans to implement new and enhanced solutions to worldwide sales teams and stakeholders.
- Manage product owners and product internal stakeholders deliver and support the above.
B2B Sales Marketing
- Develop and oversee the implementation of marketing, social media and public relations strategy to support various B2B sales segments in targeting our evolving audience and their needs.
- Develop and cultivate marketing partnerships and sponsorships to bring value to our B2B customers and maximize our marketing spend.
- Oversee execution of marketing plans for HK/PRD Corporate and Global Leisure and Corporate clients.
Sales Structure & Training
- Develop and support the implementation of sales team optimization, provide oversight and guidance to worldwide teams in sales structure changes.
- Work closely with the Cathay Learning Academy and stakeholders to develop a future-proof curriculum for our salespeople through their lifecycle at Cathay, with focus on the necessary skills and developmental opportunities.
People Development and Performance Management
- Lead, support and encourage own team to achieve success.
- Build a strong and motivated team, ensuring the right organizational structure and the right people are in place to foster positive team spirit and facilitate teamwork.
- Supervise and mentor direct reports, encouraging effective collaboration.
- Demonstrate leadership and lead by example in accordance with Cathay’s core values.
- Develop employees with high potential and identify learning opportunities to ensure appropriate training and development.
- Maintain active and ongoing dialogue in relation to employee goals and individual performance.
- Actively engage with employees to enhance communication and their understanding of department goals.
- Experience in project management and change management
- Results driven with proven ability to influence internal / external stakeholders
- Innovation-driven individual with proficiency in digital areas
- In-depth knowledge of sales strategy, sales processes and training
- Sound understanding of the travel industry structure and processes
- Good understanding of business development and sales tools
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills
- Customer-centric mind set
- Excellent presentation and communications skills in English
- University degree (preferably in related disciplines) with minimum 8 years' working experience, 3 years in sales and marketing managerial role
- Sound knowledge of lean practices would be a plus
- Setting Direction
- Leading and Engaging Teams
- Driving Business Performance and Change
- Developing and Recognising Others
Application Deadline:22 January 2020
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.