Reports to: Global Sales Manager
Department: Sales and Distribution
The Global Account Manager role is a critical to the success of driving corporate revenue across the CXKA network. This role requires a senior account leader that can successfully strategise for business and revenue growth. Adaptability, creativity and exceptional communication skills are vital for this role in order to successfully close high stake negotiations including multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Management and growth of an individual portfolio budget above USD$100M.
- Actively demonstrate corporate sales leadership and contribution to achievement of the team and network budget
- Implement and communicate effective strategies per account that supports revenue generation: account target setting and meeting individual budget achievement
- Effectively forecast portfolio revenue generation on a quarterly basis in consideration of portfolio targets and individual budget achievement. Showcase corrective actions taken where relevant to negative revenue trends of failure to meet expected individual and team budget.
- Conduct quarterly account reviews with all portfolio clients in a proactive manner that always looks to maximise revenue opportunities and addresses non-performance from a positive solution-based perspective.
- Ensure that incentive levels reflect a yield confidence strategy that ensures long term sustainability for the partnership in place between the corporate company and CXKA.
- Challenge the status-quo to look towards areas for account optimisation: yield improvement and decrease of dilution through more strategic and targeted discounting
- Regularly meet with the Global and Regional Travel Managers as well as relevant CXKA teams in order to create multiple layers of communication and partnership avenues that looks towards greater revenue generation.
- Manage difficult conversations with the client where required to support commercial decisions in favour of CXKA
- Ensure that proactive relationships are in place with all global and regional TMC account managers (Per account) in order to ensure partnership, operational, training and technical aspects are in place to support the corporate customer on a holistic basis.
- Demonstrate and convert new sales and account opportunities both at a global and local level.
- Ensure that ports have maximum opportunity for feedback and discussion of challenges as related to accounts.
- Prioritise accounts with a view on incremental revenue and maintenance revenue
- Understand and adapt sales proposition based on Online Tool capabilities of accounts
- Ensure performance scorecards are distributed regularly
- Demonstrate analysis and application of cost of sale / return on investment ratio for each account and all incentives
- Source MICE sales leads
- Attend global industry and client events
- Proactively initiative sales improvement across the network
- Participate and lead Global and Corporate projects as a sales leader
- Support and lead training requirements when in station as required in terms of improving revenue generation, account management and data tool proficiency.
- Analyse account revenue potential and lead RFP bid compilation as required.
- Ensure that all accounts have signed contracts and fares are filed on time to meet go-live sale dates.
- Demonstrate and lead active global and corporate sales policy implementation across the CXKA network.
- University degree (preferably in related disciplines)
- 7-10 years sales experience preferably in a global airline position
- Expert verbal and written communication, leadership and EQ skills
- Expert analytical capabilities and high level of commercial acumen
- Expert negotiation skills: an ability to balance commercial requirements with client centricity
- Understanding of Revenue Management principles and ability to optimise revenue generation opportunities within corporate agreements
- Expert presentation skills
- Ability to think innovatively, creatively and maximise sales opportunities
- Understanding of design, implementation reinforcement of sales strategies.
- Results driven with proven ability to influence internal stakeholders / external clients
- Strong time management skills
- Proficiency in Prism, MIDT, eSmash and Sales Force
- Understanding of the APAC Airline market
- Organisational Understanding
- Analysis and Problem-solving
- Commercial Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Developing and Recognising others
Application deadline: 27 January 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.