Reports to: Flight Dispatch Coordinator (IOC)
Department: Flight Operations (FOP)
The job holder is responsible to ensure compliance with ICAO and HKCAD regulations in flight tracking, that four-dimensional position reports are received every 15 minutes from airborne company aircraft over Oceanic areas.
- Ensuring 4D/15 reports from all airborne company aircraft are received, and taking necessary actions to obtain the information when it is unavailable
- Contacting relevant Air Traffic Services Units when attempts to locate company aircraft have failed
- Communicating with flight crew when aircraft deviate from flight plan routes, ensuring they are not experiencing abnormal issues
- Flight following duties for a select group of critical flights
- Perform Flight Dispatcher and Notam Desk duties as required and to participate in projects as directed by Flight Dispatch Manager (FDM).
- Minimum 3 years flight dispatch experience
- Experience in EDTO flight planning a definite advantage
- Strong command of English (written and spoken)
- Excellent attention to detail and situation awareness
- Ability to perform shift work
- ICAO/FAA Aircraft Dispatcher License is desired but not essential.
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Planning and Organising
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
- Coping with Pressure
Application Deadline:29 January 2020
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.