Reports to: Assistant Manager Flight Dispatch (Data Services and Support) / Flight Dispatch Coordinator
Department: Flight Operations (FOP)
The job holder will process all incoming aeronautical information and weather data during shift and update the operational database in the flight planning system in time to support a safe and smooth daily flight operations.
- Process all aeronautical information documents, Company Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) and weather information and provide updates to the Weather and NOTAM module, and navigation database (Airway Restriction records) whenever applicable, in the Computer Flight Planning System in an effective and timely manner.
- Ensure last minute significant operational information are relayed to crew and relevant parties to assure flight safety.
- Assist with the investigation of crew reports related to aeronautical information discrepancies and take the necessary actions.
- Perform Flight Dispatcher and Flight Watch duties as required and to participate in projects as directed by Flight Dispatch Manager (FDM).
- Train new joiners on processing function of the system and dispatch database.
- Contact with Hong Kong Civil Aviation Department (HKCAD) and stations regarding navigation information and weather data issues.
- Good knowledge of Flight Planning system operation, database administration and policy setting.
- Good knowledge of airline and flight operations.
- Computer literacy with a knowledge of Microsoft Office (Words, Excel, Visio, Access, PowerPoint).
- Strong leadership and analytical skills.
- Good time management skill, organized methodical and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Excellent command of English (Written and spoken).
- 2 years working experience in Flight Dispatchers/Flight Dispatch Officers position.
- Good experience in project, change management, establishment of operational policies and procedures.
- Excellent attention to detail and situation awareness.
- ICAO/FAA Aircraft Dispatcher License is desired but not essential.
- Developing Professional Expertise
- Planning and Organising
- Customer Focus
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
Application Deadline:29 January 2020
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.