Reports to: Head of Flight Crew Relations, Flight Operations
Department: Flight Operations (FOP)
To manage Flight Crew employee relations matters for Cathay Pacific (CX), and to make recommendations and provide support to the Head of Flight Crew Relations with regard to various employee relations issues. Continually develop employee relations between the Company and flight crew and manage relationships with the various recognised Flight Crew Trade Unions.
- Develop and implement the employee relations strategy for flight crew, working closely with the Head of Flight Crew Relations and ensuring alignment with the airline’s overall employee relations strategy.
- Develop and manage flight crew Conditions of Services, collective/enterprise agreements with recognized aircrew associations (where applicable) and advise on their content as necessary.
- Prepare and develop the strategy for any necessary negotiations with Trade Unions, actively participating in and where required leading such negotiations.
- Chair regular operational meetings or facilitate consultations with Trade Unions, where delegated by the Head of Employee Relations.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders within Flight Operations, Inflight Services Department and People teams to recommend policy changes, adjustments, exceptions, waivers and developments, ensuring strong alignment across the board.
- Assess crew grievances and dissatisfaction with specific Company decisions and, where appropriate, represent cases for consideration along with providing relevant recommendations.
- Provide specialist advice on disciplinary case management to the Flight Crew People Services team and Fleet Office.
- Lead and support case management of any tribunal/arbitration/legal activities, managing internal and external legal resources efficiently.
- Lead and manage multidisciplinary projects with significant financial and industrial relations implications.
- Work with Flight Operations to identify opportunities for process improvements. Understand financial impact of decisions, coordinating closely with Strategic Planning, Projects and Digital teams within Flight Operations to ensure a high degree of data driven analysis.
- Collaborate with the Flight Crew Communications and Engagement Manager to develop communications to flight crew.
- Stay abreast of trends in flight crew employment regionally and worldwide and keep abreast of any changes in legislation which may affect flight crew. Provide advice to senior management and key stakeholders on matters related to employment law and employment contracts, local jurisdictional issues and employee relations best practice generally.
- Provide support to the Head of Flight Crew Relations (including deputizing if required) and carry out any other specific duties and responsibilities as required.
- Degree holder with 7+ years’ professional experience in an HR, employment law or a related role.
- Experience in labour and employee relations, with familiarity with Hong Kong Employment Ordinance (and/or the employment legislation of other jurisdictions) preferred.
- Strong leadership, with demonstrated track record of successful delivery of multiple and concurrent projects. Able to constructively challenge ways of working and influence beyond own function with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly numerate, analytical and data driven with strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, including business and contractual language.
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Planning and Organising
- Customer Focus
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
Application deadline: 21 January 2021
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.