Department: Flight Operations
Report to: Head of Flight Crew Employee Relations
Participate in the formulation and execution of Industrial Strategy as it relates to pilots across the Cathay Group.
Lead negotiations with Aircrew Associations in Hong Kong and participate in negotiations as required on a global basis. Help with the development of communications and engagement with Aircrew. Support the agreed processes for people related matters such as disciplinary and grievance, roster practises, employee benefits.
- Develop and manage the contractual requirements of the various crew Conditions of Service, Collective and Enterprise Agreements with the recognised trade unions and clarify their content as necessary.
- Support Head of Flight Crew Relations with Industrial strategy and relations between the Company and the recognised Trade Unions, including negotiations, and acting as the coordinator for such negotiations.
- Liaise with all Company operational and non-operational departments and recommend policy changes, adjustments, exceptions, waivers and developments.
- Work with all Flight Operations teams and recommend process changes in respect of any applicable Aircrew related policies to gain productivity.
- Act as point of contact for Outport Aircrew Relations teams in relation to advice on Pilot contractual requirements.
- Work with the Flight Crew Communications Manager to ensure quality control of the Company communications to Flight Crew, including Director and General Manager updates, Fleet News, Crews News and General Notices to Crew.
- Provide ad hoc support and advice to the Flight Operations People Service Delivery Team.
- Represent the Company, the FOP Department or the Flight Crew Employee Relations Section at standing and ad hoc meetings and committees including leading various Operations meetings with Global Associations.
- Assess crew grievances and dissatisfaction with specific Company decisions and, when appropriate, representing their cases for consideration, with recommendations.
- Communicate formal information to crew by General Notices to Crew.
- Discipline & Grievance process management in conjunction with the Fleet Office within Flight Operations.
- Lead and support Case Management of Tribunal / Arbitration / Legal activities as required.
- Data Management of all correspondence / documents issued between the recognised Trade Unions and the Company.
- Deputise for Head of Flight Crew Relations as required.
- 7+ years’ experience in managing and advising on employee / industrial relations issues.
- Degree holder in HR, Employee Relations, or related field.
- Experience in labour and employee relations and negotiations and familiarity with Hong Kong Employment Ordinance and/or the employment legislation of other jurisdictions.
- Strong leadership, with demonstrated strong track record of successful delivery of multiple and concurrent projects. Able to constructively challenge ways of working and influence beyond own function with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, influencing and problem solving skills
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Planning and Organising
- Customer Focus
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
Application deadline: 17 December 2018
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.