Position: Financial Services Officer (Temporary 3 Months)
Reports to: Manager, Financial Services, Americas
Cathay Pacific Canada has an opportunity for a dynamic, motivated individual for the Finance Department based in Vancouver. The key objectives of the role are to support financial services, provide accounting support and achieve business objectives while in full compliance with legislative requirements and Company Policy.
Please note that this is a temporary position for approximately 3 months.
- Accounts Payable processing which requires experience in full-cycle processing of payables in a purchase order environment
- Sort incoming e-mails and prioritize invoices according to payment terms and compliance deadlines
- Ensure all supporting documentation is appropriate in accordance with Company authorization matrix and internal controls
- Liaise with operational departments to support proper processing of purchase orders
- Responsible for all filing and proper record retention in accordance with legislation and company policy
- General accounting and administrative duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Strong general accounting skills
- MS Office background with advanced Excel skills
- Experience with large ERP financial systems an asset; preference on SAP
- Strong organizational and time management skills, deadline-driven, high attention to detail
- Ability to work as a team player as well as an individual contributor
- High level of customer service, both internal and external customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work processes, problem resolution and continuous process improvement
- Previous experience in a high volume, multi-currency environment a benefit
- Permanent legal right to live and work in Canada.
- Developing Professional Expertise
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Planning and Organizing
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
Application Deadline: Any candidate who meets the level of experience and qualifications noted above, may apply on or before 31 January 2020.
Cathay Pacific Airways Limited is committed to employment equity, supports diversity in the workplace and encourages application from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.