Cathay Dragon, an affiliate member of oneworld, is a Hong Kong-based airline operating a fleet of 42 passenger aircraft and serving 53 regional destinations, including 23 cities in Mainland China. Cathay Dragon has been recognized for its product and service quality, and was named as Skytrax 'World's Best Regional Airline' for fourth time. Cathay Dragon is part of the Cathay Pacific Group, providing seamless connectivity for passengers to more than 200 cities around the globe.
- All China based positions are subject to local terms and conditions.
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Mainland China. We are unable to assist applicants with visa or work permit applications.
- Once employment is confirmed, the employment contract and personnel file will be arranged through local FASCO.
To support the Finance Leaders and local business units to ensure adequate control and compliance of financial operations in the country. Conduct accounting and finance activities in line with established company policy and local regulatory requirements.
Key responsibilities and tasks
Compliance – Legal, Taxation, Regulatory Reporting
- Full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Maintain an awareness of the local regulatory environment for any changes which may impact Cathay Pacific’s risk exposure and/or working procedures
- Assist with the local audit and business registration process as required
- Assist in the preparation of accurate and timely returns to government, airport and taxation authorities
Control and Risk Assessment
- Adhere to company policy and work with head office and the local finance team to prevent deviations
- Ensure proper authorisation of contracts and expenditure as required
- Report any breaches of company policy
Management and Financial Reporting
- Accurate and timely recording of revenues, expenses and balance sheet items in the general ledger
- Compile month/annual accounting schedules, bank reconciliations and account reconciliations
- Assist the Finance Leaders to prepare budgetary and ad hoc analysis as required
- Assist the Finance Leaders to prepare the annual overhead and route cost budget/forecasts as required
- Review actual spend compared to budget and help identify areas for cost saving opportunities
- Assist to prepare monthly analysis for the Finance Leaders
- Provide financial analysis to assist business units with local contract negotiations
- Comply with established credit policy for appointing new agents and liaise with the sales teams to evaluate potential new agents in line with policy
- Assist Sales and Finance to obtain necessary security from agents
- Collaborate with the sales teams to stay informed of the financial status of agents to minimise exposure and losses
- Assist to identify any default payments and pursue collection through BSP, bank guarantees, collection agencies, legal etc.
Banking and Treasury
- Assist the Finance Leaders to oversee the cash management process
- Keep banking records up-to-date and conduct bank account reconciliations
- Assist in the renewal and application of required licences with local authorities
- Provide data and analysis for the preparation of Expenditure Control Committee submissions
- Assist line departments and Port/Country Manager on business analysis as required
Qualifications / Experience
- Ideally at least 1 years experience in Finance/Accounting
- Knowledge of, or experience in, the airline industry is an advantage
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to interact with all levels within the organisation
- Sound organisational skills with an ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- A good understanding of Cathay Pacific policies and procedures is desirable
- Strong written, oral communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to demonstrate cultural sensitivity and diplomacy
- Ability to adapt and embrace constant change
Cathay Dragon is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.