Reports to: Senior Enterprise Testing Lead
Department: IMT- Information Technology
This role is responsible for providing coordination of testing services to meet project requirements while implementing test automation across all solution centres. In addition to supporting test automation activities, you will also be responsible for implementing, maintaining and enforcing processes and standards in support of the test automation framework within Cathay Pacific (CX) standards, including but not limited to automation framework design, drive out automation best practice, ROI evaluation and provide training / guidance to the project required.
The Enterprise Testing Analyst is required to have strong skillset in Quality Assurance (QA) and capability to work with external testing resources to ensure deliverables are of high quality and compliant to CX policies and standards.
You will also be responsible for management of the Quality Control (QC) process within multiple projects to ensure the deliverables of external partners meet CX quality.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Deliver required test documentation, including plans, estimates, schedules and reports within project timelines and to the Enterprise Test team’s quality standards and processes.
- Manage vendors in the delivery of cost effective and timely manner.
- Ensure vendors’ deliverables are of high quality and compliant to CX policies and standards
- Monitor and control test automation activities being planned and executed on all projects ensuring that each produces test reports of progress against time and quality, defects severity, distribution and priority rating, impact assessments, trends over the project etc.
- Deliver testing estimates at various project phases aligning with the PDLC framework
- Track financials (actual spend) against the test estimates provided using standard templates, and highlight to Test Manager where potential issues may arise.
- Devise options for achieving targets when progress is not as intended
- Define and drive the test automation best practice in CX
- Dentify and develop appropriate test automation tools, applying the latest techniques in test automation;
- Use risk-driven techniques to develop, maintain, and execute automated test suites for various applications
- Work with development team and business user to identify automation opportunities and propose automation solutions
- Research and document defect reports following CX standard defect management processes immediately upon discovery of a quality problem
- Update automated test execution status and monitor automation ROI following agreed-upon processes as part of regularly-scheduled test status updates
- Lead the specification of an appropriate Testing Environment to support all the tests required
- Provide expertise on Software Quality Assurance to the application development, support and maintenance teams.
- Identify and manage project-level risks associated with/during testing
- Identify and escalate (as required) issues associated with/during testing
- Collaborate with other IM domains to drive business and technology innovation
- Keep abreast of the latest trends in enabling technologies (e.g. SOA) and understand the implication to software testing methods
Qualifications / Experience
- Tertiary qualifications are essential
- A minimum of 4 years of IT experience, with at least 2 years’ experience in automated testing.
- Ability to listen and articulate ideas verbally and in written formats to managers;
- Ability to ask probing questions and deliver presentations that have impact
- Strong technical skill, programming knowledge, and passion on software quality assurance.
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, leveraging both logic and creativity; strong troubleshooting skills; ability to identify patterns and generate ideas
- Experience in business analysis, software development and project delivery.
- Good understanding of the advantages and disadvantages of using different testing technique, like static, specification-based, structured-based, experience-based techniques
- Experience in Automation Testing tools (UFT, Selenium, Appium)
- Experience in Browser/Compatibility Testing tools (Browserstack, perfecto, SeeTest) is desirable
- Good understanding of the advantages and disadvantages of different automation frameworks (Module Based Testing Framework, Data Driven Testing Framework, Keyword Driven Testing Framework)
- Good understanding of test automation benefits and potential problems of applying test automation under various conditions.
- Experience in metrics collection and automation ROI analysis is desirable.
- Proven experience in testing of complex inter-related applications across multiple platforms (client server and Web based) and databases (Oracle and SQL Server)
- Experience in metrics collection and analysis both at the user interface level, application/middleware database component levels and system level.
- Good business domain and industry knowledge
- Certification of ISTQB/PMP/CISA/ITIL is an advantage
- Developing Professional Expertise
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Planning and Organising
- Continuous improvement and Innovation
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
Deadline: 15 September 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.