Cathay Pacific is seeking an experienced and highly-motivated individual for the role of Engineering Manager based in San Francisco. The position requires the candidate to possess outstanding technical skills and to be capable of leading, coaching and supporting a team of skilled Aircraft Engineers and Mechanics. The Engineering Manager will assume overall responsibility for the station and manage and maintain the high level of safety, reliability, security and presentation required by customers, regulatory authorities and the company in a cost-effective manner.
- Manage the daily engineering operation efficiently. Liaise effectively with airport teams and working groups on the aircraft to ensure a well-managed operation.
- Manage the routine maintenance, servicing and certification of company aircraft in accordance with the Hong Kong CAD and company standards and procedures as defined in the EOMP.
- Monitor ground based aircraft monitoring and recording to assess aircraft serviceability and respond accordingly.
- Manage the routine maintenance, servicing and certification of third party operator’s aircraft in accordance with the applicable SGHA. Provide a high level of customer service.
- Directly supervise and certify aircraft maintenance when required to do so.
- Manage the station engineering team, including rosters, annual leave requests, performance reviews, training and recruitment.
- Perform the duties of an AE/SAE on a regular basis as detailed in the AE/SAE job description.
- Manage and monitor the performance of subcontractors.
- Manage, control and initiate local strategies to achieve effective and optimum planning and utilisation of station resources, including people, equipment, facilities and aircraft spares.
- Develop, control and be accountable for achieving the stations approved people, capital, revenue and operating budget.
- Manage the contingency plans to cover operational requirements such as diversions, adhoc operations, major technical failures and incidents and accidents.
- Support other stations with people, spare parts and equipment when requested.
- Keep self and employees up to date with the aircraft systems, technology processes and procedures.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering as certifying/approved Engineer or supervisor.
- Must hold HKAR 66 B1 or B2 license or equivalent.
- Must hold all appropriate aircraft approval types at level 3.
- Demonstrated strong management and leadership skills.
- Excellent business acumen with demonstrated capability in cost control and budgeting.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to travel occasionally
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer. No sponsorship is available for this position.
Cathay Pacific Airways Limited will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Ordinance
Cathay Pacific Airways Limited is an equal opportunity employer.