Reports to: Head of Transform Projects
Department: Transform Projects
Role Summary / Purpose
Engineering’s end to end maintenance operation primarily runs on one Life Blood core Maintenance & Engineering system. The systems are also used by our MROs. The system is the CAD approved repository for our fleet operations and compliance data without which our fleet aircraft could not be operated. The system also provides the 3-way match confirmation required by Finance’s Horizon View finance system.
This role provides the single point accountability for all matters relating to all ENG business (IT) systems in use by Engineering (inc. Ultramain M&E) and maintaining the integration and smooth operation of current and future peripheral systems within CX and across MROs.
This role is also responsible for defining data standards within ENG business (IT) systems and for the monitoring and auditing Engineering data quality to ensure compliance and drive necessary changes.
- Ownership of ENG business IT systems (including Ultramain M&E) and its successful operation
- Single point interface into the IT department for maintaining the system availability of Life Blood level M&E system for continued operation of the fleet
- Data Integrity
- The accuracy, security and completeness of data required for the Engineering Department to operate in its business activities and demonstrate compliance
Duty holder key responsibilities and tasks
- Ensure M&E system availability for continued operation of the fleet
- Decision accountability for upgrade of M&E system functions and data patches in conjunction with CX IT department and oversee Work Order (WO) delivery performance
- Support CX IT department in business triage of incident reports and new business requirements
- Decision accountability for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of new functions and upgrades.
- Steer and, where possible, chair the Ultramain User Group in the best interests of Cathay Pacific.
- Accountable for the ENG dashboard - data integrity performance
- Ensure that all policies and procedures put into place providing consistency and maintaining the overall data integrity - accuracy, security and completeness of data for Engineering
- Evaluate and prioritise Business Process Enhancement projects and coordinate across Engineering
- Define and implement training requirements for users of M&E system in particular during the introduction of new modules
- Represent engineering to participate in international forum and committee to capture and implement latest technology standards and systems in the best interest of Cathay Pacific.
- Oversee Airbus and Boeing portals user administration and budget
- Responsible for workload and manpower requirements across the section, and to provide technical/procedural guidance to members of the team
- Ensure section responsibilities are performed and meet business needs
- Adopt ‘Use what we have’ theme in meeting Engineering business requirements
- Introduce new opportunities to Business Units (BU) around Processes, Data and existing M&E software functions.
- Maintain system admin functions for ENG systems (eg. user roles, access control etc)
- Establishing a sustainable Ultramain training framework and training material for all ENG users to maintain consistent quality in system usage.
- Source of Ultramain functional expertise in Engineering UM release UAT
- Manage Minor IT Projects prioritization across Engineering
- Single point interface to IT interface department for all ENG production system issues.
- Boeing/Airbus software budget & cost management
- UM user group membership and influencing
- Maintain systems data integrity
- Audit and introduce data integrity processes/standards
- Manage and coordinate Data patching and integrity recovery
- Ultramain performance KPI management
Experience, Key Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in aircraft maintenance and/or engineering. Relevant experience in managing fleet programmes.
- Degree in Engineering / Aerospace discipline or Aircraft Maintenance Licence holder or other comparable qualification.
- Proven experience in supervising and managing complex projects and cross functional teams
- Strong leadership skills. Proven ability to manage across departments; OEMs; lessors and suppliers.
- Strong in communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong drive for excellence.
- Adaptable and responsive to change. Demonstrate ability to drive change.
- Proven ability to drive and manage multi-skilled teams.
- Setting Directions
- Leading and Engaging Teams
- Driving Business Performance and Change
- Developing and Recognising Others
Application Deadline: 4 June 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.