Reports to:Assistant Manager – Employee Services
GBS will be Cathay Pacific's trusted partner in establishing end to end processes and
services to deliver value through simplification, innovation and automation.
The ultimate purpose of this role is to deliver quality human resources services, in a cost
effective and efficient way, to all business units / subsidiaries, employees and external
This role is accomplished by leading a small team to provide inputs to daily operations
and projects on, for example:
- Standardisation and simplification of policies and procedures
- Review of existing tools on documentation and information management
- Proposal and implementation of improvement initiatives such as lean, robotics, and ECM
- Improvement of GBS presence throughout internal communication channels
Employee Services team is part of the Hire to Retire (Employee Services) stream which
provides services and administration of the end-to-end transactional activities associated with the employee experience for employees and business units in multiple locations.
The stream currently covers on-boarding, employee benefits, employee mobility, and off-boarding activities, and the scope is under expansion.
Employee Services Lead is expected to manage the daily operations and improvement
initiatives on a 50-50 time-allocation basis.
- Lead the team to provide timely and efficient human resources administrative support to employees, People department, line managers and external stakeholders, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, corporate/local policies and industry best practice, throughout the Hire to Retire (Employee Services) stream, in accordance with the agreed service level
- Provide regular operational feedback to the Assistant Manager or Manager as well as anticipates and escalates risk matters promptly,
- Act as escalation point for Associate Executives / Executives, assisting with query resolution and case managing complex queries
- Act as the expert in the specialised area and advise the implication / suggestion to different projects. Provide support to ensure delivery of small scale project including but not limited to planning, due diligence, execution, and communication
- Given the management of sensitive data, to maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
- Ensure consistent input and report production of operational data such as crew posting, qualification, roster data and flight document handling to maintain flight records to meet Civil Aviation Department (CAD) and Company regulatory requirements
- Manage Crew Member Certificate (CMC) administration, Airport Permit administration (ARA permit), work visa applications and travel document support services to meet the operational regulatory needs
Process improvement initiatives
- Lead small scale HtR services process improvement initiatives within GBS as well as with , business units, IMT to deliver efficiencies and benefits to internal and external customers ensuring compliance with relevant legislation
- Undertake any project work relevant to the activities of GBS as requested by the GBS managers
- Document and monitor the relevant HtR services business processes, business rules, metrics and standard operating procedures (SOP) as a result of improvement initiatives
- Coach and support the teams in ensuring the relevant HtR services processes are in accordance with the agreed service levels (SLA) and ensure back-end operations are efficient and effective.
- Be a role model for team members and develop individuals to ensure they reach their maximum potential
- Track, measure and achieve defined department metrics
- Tertiary education in business, HR or relevant discipline
- 3+ years of experience in general HR administration within Shared Services
- Previous exposure to multi geographical HR administration advantageous
- Proven experience in driving process improvement to enhance operational efficiency including but not limited to LEAN projects
- Ability to multi-task between daily operations and project initiatives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to research, analyse and summarise HR data to support decision-making
- Good influencing and interpersonal skills to collaborate and work with a diverse group of people to meet goals and objectives
- Demonstration of leadership skills by role-modelling, engaging the team and creating a positive environment
- Capability to work independently with strong sense of responsibility
- Strong written and verbal Chinese (Cantonese) and English communication skills
- Open-minded in adopting technologies
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that with effect from 1 June 2022 onwards, all Cathay employees and contractors who work in Cathay City and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong must have received a third dose of COVID 19 vaccine. Being tested regularly for COVID-19 is not an option. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons.