Reports to: Global Business Services Manager
Department: Global Business Services
GBS will be Cathay Pacific's trusted partner in establishing end to end processes and services to deliver value through simplification, innovation and automation.
The ultimate purpose of this role is to deliver quality services, in a cost effective and efficient way, to all business units / subsidiaries, employees and external stakeholders.
This role is accomplished by leading or participating in, for example, the:
- Standardization and simplification of policies and procedures
- Review of existing tools on documentation and information management
- Proposal and implementation of improvement initiatives such as lean, robotics, and ECM
- Improvement of GBS presence throughout internal communication channels
Employee Data team is part of the Hire to Retire (Employee Services) stream which provides services and administration of the end-to-end transactional activities associated with the employee experience for employees and business units. The stream currently covers on-boarding, employee benefits, employee mobility, and off-boarding activities, and the scope is under expansion.
Employee Data team has overall responsibility to manage the internal HR systems in providing system-related services and administration of the large-scale / project-based employee-related data maintenance and all employee reporting and analytics that are essential to operations for employees and business units.
This role is to drive the team to deliver such services in a cost effective and efficient way with the aim to streamline and automate the employee data management and reporting processes.
Employee Data Lead is expected to manage the daily operations and improvement initiatives on a 50-50 time-allocation basis.
- Lead the team in ensuring tasks are carried out to a high standard and completed within service level agreements (SLAs)
- Provide regular operational feedback to the GBS Manager as well as identify and escalate potential serious operational and customer issues
- Act as escalation point for Associate Executives / Executives, assisting with query and case resolution, and managing complex queries
- Coach and support the teams in ensuring the employee data management and reporting processes are in accordance with the agreed service levels and ensure back-end operations are efficient and effective. Be a role model for team members and develop individuals to ensure they reach their maximum potential
- Given the management of sensitive data, maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate
- Ensure consistent delivery of established SLAs through active, ongoing management
- Identify common feedback to enable Customer Services team or future technology to respond to employees with a view to continually improving customer services and GBS productivity
- Ensure HR system practices appropriately safeguard confidential information; work closely with Compliance and Legal to keep abreast of changes in policy, laws, and trends and make responsive changes
- Write, maintain and support a variety of reports
- Ensure system is configured accurately to support end user business needs
- Manage the ongoing maintenance and data integrity of existing systems, including all integrations and reports
Process improvement initiatives
- Lead process improvement initiatives within GBS as well as with business units, to deliver efficiencies and benefits to internal and external customers
- Undertake any project work relevant to the activities of GBS as requested by the GBS managers
- Act as a Project Manager to lead cross-functional team and project meetings and work collaboratively with all necessary individuals to achieve the goals of each given project
- Document and monitor business processes, business rules, metrics and standard operating procedures as a result of improvement initiatives
- Track, measure and achieve defined department metrics
- Work with key stakeholders to determine areas for optimization; develop solutions to continuously improve and streamline processes and to develop value adding enhancements
- Partner with stakeholders to implement process modifications that support changing business and compliance requirements
- Evaluate data processing proposals to assess project feasibility and requirements
- Provide operational dashboard to ensure effective management of GBS operations; use data and key performance indicators to identify trends and recommend corrective action plans as necessary
- Tertiary education in business, HR, data management or relevant discipline
- 5+ years of experience in general HR, data management within General Business Services / Shared Services environment
- Demonstration of leadership skills by role-modelling, engaging the team and creating a positive environment
- Ability to multi-task between daily operations and project initiatives in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in maintaining a working knowledge of labour, human resources, legal and operational issues related to Cathay’s HR systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Capability to work independently with strong sense of responsibility
- Open-minded in adopting technologies
- Customer-centric. Ability to act consistently and fairly with GBS’ customers/business units, focusing on resolving issues and performing with a customer focused attitude
- Strong written and verbal Chinese (Cantonese) and English communication skills
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality, and be discreet and professional with all levels of the organisation
- Take initiative to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation
- Strong verbal and written communication ability (including ability to take business needs and articulate them to technical vendors)
- Certified Yellow Belt (Completion of at least one yellow belt project) and completion of green belt training (or equivalent)
- Developing Professional Expertise
- Analysis and Problem-Solving
- Planning and Organising
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
- Communication Skills
- Leading and Engaging Teams
- Drviing Business Performance and Change
Application deadline: 10 December 2018
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.