Reports to: Head of Employee Relations and Communications (Inflight Services)
Department: Inflight Services Department (ISD)
This role is dedicated to the collaboration, engagement and relationship maintenance with the Cathay Pacific (CX) cabin crew union (Flight Attendants Union or FAU).
With a strong understanding of cabin crew operations and the needs of different employee groups, the job holder will engage with the CX cabin crew union on a regular basis to ensure ISD is across and concerns or issues. As a strong communicator and a global thinker, he/she has a strong strategic element in ensuring our base teams are integrated and CX cabin crew union receive effective and timely communications.
He/she will also responsible for the management of the CX cabin crew bases, be responsible for reviewing the base operations to maintain productivity and cost effectiveness and to drive efficiencies as appropriate. He/she will create an environment in which cabin crew are inspired to provide excellent customer service, with clear communication tailored appropriately.
- Support regular FAU union meetings in Hong Kong.and serve as first level of contact with FAU
- Update records and gather data to support Union negotiations for CX
- Attend and monitor induction talks by FAU.
- Provide research and support to Head of Employee Relations and Communications – Inflight Services
- Responsible for a comprehensive data base of CX union agreements
- Liaise with different teams/departments to implement IR agreements
- Liaise with different stakeholders to ensure agreements are implemented smoothly and to conduct ‘health checks’ of continued good practice
- Manage the hotel visits for union representatives
- Manage email exchanges and provide responses that have been well researched and carefully considered
- Manage performance of CX cabin crew and office teams at the bases
- Manage communication and engagement of CX cabin crew bases
- Regular communication with local town office teams and People Department and updates as required
- Ensure appropriate alignment of relevant policies and procedures across all CX bases with Hong Kong practice
- To recognise outstanding performance in an appropriate and timely way
- Initiate and implement productivity improvements relevant to CX outport bases, ensuring legal compliance
- Maitain and update PPM and be responsible for audits
- Monitor and follow up on issues and grievance cases for CX outport bases, keep accurate records of solutions implemented
Recruitment and Promotion
- To assist in managing the recruitment and promotion process in consultation with Head of Employee Relations and Communications-Inflight Service
- To plan and manage the preparation of ISD budget for the CX Cabin Crew bases in conjunction with Planning Team and local Finance Team
- To monitor and be accountable for all base spending, and to initiate efficiencies where appropriate
- Manage projects related to CX cabin crew union/s or bases.
- Deputise when required for the Head of Employee Relations and Communications – Inflight Services.
- Tertiary Education or HR qualification with at least 7 years relevant work experience in airline industry
- Good knowledge of cabin crew operational environment and standards (safety, service etc.)
- In depth knowledge of Human Resource, inclusive of recruitment, qualifications and knowledge of relevant employment legislation
- Understanding of labour related legal issues in jurisdictions of Hong Kong and Mainland China
- Computer literacy e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, MS Word
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin)
- Good strategic agility and strong influencing skills
- Rigorous analytical and problem solving skills.
- Driver of change and collaborative in approach
Application deadline: 23 January 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.