Cathay Dragon, an affiliate member of oneworld, is a Hong Kong-based airline operating a fleet of 42 passenger aircraft and serving 53 regional destinations, including 23 cities in Mainland China. Cathay Dragon has been recognized for its product and service quality, and was named as Skytrax 'World's Best Regional Airline' for fourth time. Cathay Dragon is part of the Cathay Pacific Group, providing seamless connectivity for passengers to more than 200 cities around the globe.
- All China based positions are subject to local terms and conditions.
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Mainland China. We are unable to assist applicants with visa or work permit applications.
- Once employment is confirmed, the employment contract and personnel file will be arranged through local FASCO.
To manage the website(s), updating content to be locally suitable, drive local campaigns and conduct analytics to further optimise results thereby ensuring the airline’s direct digital channels have a competitive presence in the market, maximising online traffic and revenue generation.
Key Responsibility and tasks
Website Content and Communication
- Manage the retailing of air and non-air offers across the web and mobile platforms, driving channel exclusive offers where appropriate
- Manage the quality of content published across the Cathay Pacific digital channels, including brand, tone of voice, grammar and imagery
- Master the content management system (Adobe Experience Manager) and support the publishing of quality content with good speed to market
- Help to ensure the customer experience and brand are upheld in any content and customer
- experience deliverables, in consultation with internal and external stakeholders
- Liaise with Regional Office on a regular basis regarding website technical developments and global updates
Digital Promotions and Campaigns
- Assist to devise and manage campaigns to recruit customers to the airline’s contact database
- Drive engagement through targeted communications
- Follow up on ancillary revenue generation to ensure maximum return
- Use web analytics (Google Analytics) to measure performance, identify and exploit opportunities, and continually improve the volume and quality of traffic coming from different sources
- Conduct analytics and reporting on website specific data to provide recommendations for enhancements
- Understand sales performance in direct digital channels including share of revenue targets, route performance and plan and measure sales contribution for air and non-air products
Search Engine Marketing and Search Engine Optimisation
- Ensure all pages have the appropriate page level technical and content based Search Engine Optimisation
- Test and understand the interrelationship and keyword coverage for Search Engine Marketing and Search Engine Optimisation campaigns to drive traffic to flagship site
- Manage the social media content strategy and report on engagement and performance of social channels as required
Retailing Tools and Platforms
- Brief and lobby Digital Retail counterparts in Hong Kong for enhancements of current functionality or future developments of the toolset, including (but not limited to) payment options, tactical and campaign tools, content and marketing asset provision, translation training
- Ensure prioritisation of direct digital distribution channels
- Conduct competitor analysis of pricing and ensure digital channel pricing and proposition are competitive both on and offline
- Actively share learning and best practice with other Outports and leverage work done by other Outports when fit for purpose
- Monitor marketing strategies used by competitors and industry leaders and make recommendations to enhance our presence and revenue generation
- Emergency and Accident and Crisis Response responsibilities as require
Qualifications / Experience
- High School graduation
- Tertiary qualification in a related field is an advantage
Knowledge, skills, training and experience
- Two years’ experience in a digital sales or similar enterprise
- A strong understanding of how the internet works, preferably with a junior developer or similar IT training/qualification
- A demonstrable passion for digital and commerce
- Strong literacy skills, including copywriting and the ability to adhere to brand and tone of voice
- Strong numeracy skills and experience of working with data to tell a story
- Strong PC literacy including Adobe Experience Manager and Google Analytics
- Adapts to and embraces constant change
- Developing Professional Expertise
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Commercial Acumen
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Customer Focus
Cathay Dragon is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.