Reports to: Head of Crew Resources & Operations Analytics
Department: Flight Operations (FOP)
Both within the General Manager Aircrew section and across Flight Operations as a whole, there is a growing need for data analytics, given the expanding amount of information that is being generated by a multitude of systems, and the need to use this data to drive the department’s improvement. The position will organize, use and promote the use of information and tools that will enable optimal decision making and data-driven change.
Organise data and tools:
- Source data and place them onto the Integrated Operations Data Hub
- Identify and develop use cases with business units in Flight Operations
- Prioritise based on the merit of use cases
- Create and facilitate business units in implementing stop-gap measures with alternative data stores and tools/platforms
Investigate patterns in data:
- Understand available data
- Discover, interpret and communicate meaningful patterns in data
- Apply the patterns towards effective decision making
Promote self-service analytics:
- Assist members of the department to get acquainted with data and tools
- Initiate using the build-operate-transfer model
- Foster a culture of curiosity-driven learning and propagate effective analytic practices
Drive data quality:
- Identify the need and initiate alignment of data input and definitions within the department
- Challenge data quality of sources external to the department
- Champion data integrity
Create new data:
- Propose and facilitate the capture of new data over the business processes across the company
- Propose and facilitate the acquisition of external data
- Degree holder, preferably in mathematics/statistics, data management, finance, business, technology, computer programming or a related area.
- Minimum 7 years of solid relevant experience in data analysis, modelling and/or data platform management.
- Superb analytical and problem solving skills with good business acumen.
- Experience in organising complex operational data would be a significant advantage.
- Track record of applying operations research techniques to improve quality and efficiency.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills.
- Good command of both spoken and written English.
- Able to work independently and deliver quality work under pressure.
- Works diligently and puts emphasis on accuracy.
- Intellectually curious and is keen to leverage data analytics to gain in-depth strategic knowledge into flight operations.
- Organizational Understanding
- Developing Professional Expertise
- Analysis and Problem-solving
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Teamwork and Building Partnership
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
Application deadline: 31 January 2021
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.