Report to: Head of Analytics
The position will be responsible to create and maintain Data Registry for Data Governance Compliance and lead and enforce usage of the Data Registry tool. He/she will assist to instill a good data governance practice for the Cathay Pacific Group while supporting the mitigation of data protection risk across the company and developing data governance strategy, policy and implementing the access control mechanism. He/she will also monitor and protect quality of implementation of policies and processes to uphold security, quality and value of the data assets.
- Act as Business owner of Data Registry system
- Work with business streams to enforce Data Governance via using the Data Registry system
- Be the change agent to promote a data privacy protection awareness & culture in the organisation
- Provide bridging function to narrow the gap between the corporate compliance requirement and the business and operational need
- Promote ongoing engagement of data stewards and data domain owners within the data governance infrastructure
- Develop and implement data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the organisation
- Enforce data governance practices to uphold the value of the data access, within the company and external parties with regular audits
- Ensure compliance and support existing and future data governance policies
- Establishing procedures to perform periodic review and validation of user access
- Liaise with IT to implement quality metrics, ensuring accessibility and consistency of data and readiness of related analytics capabilities
- Define and develop training needs for data stewards and end users
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Minimum of 6 years of proven experience in Data Governance, Data Management and/or Data Quality initiatives.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience relating to data & analytics with a good understanding of at least one of the following business areas: Operations, Service Delivery, Sales & Marketing, Customer management or Employee management.
- Excellent communicate skills with all levels
- Knowledgeable about Personal Data Privacy Ordinances
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
- Passionate about data quality and data governance
- Curious, meticulous, self-motivated and strong continuous improvement mind-set
- Understand strategy and align tactical and strategic work in a well-balanced way
- Working knowledge in managing projects, vendors and suppliers
Application Deadline: 20 March 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.