Reports to: Programme Manager, Crew Management Programme
Department: Flight Operations (FOP)
This role reports to the Programme Manager in the Crew Management Programme (CMP). Programme Manager reports to General Manager CMP and is responsible for the delivery of the transformative programme to the business owners, driving the adoption of new ways of working supported by improved systems and processes. This role places focus in the implementation phase of Jeppesen Crew Rostering (JCR) implementation under CMP.
The Cutover Manager is responsible for the successful cutover and implementation of the Jeppesen Crew Rostering solutions to scope, schedule, budget and quality defined under the Crew Management Programme. Cutover and implementation refers to all activities required to plan, prepare, rehearse, manage and successfully execute cutover for the airlines, business units and crew communities, and also IT applications in scope of the Crew Management Programme.
The Cutover Manager will collaborate closely with the other managers and team leads in CMP including Delivery Project Manager, IT Project Manager, Change Lead etc. as well as the relevant business stakeholders to ensure overall programme goals will be met.
- Delivery responsibility for all deliverables required for cutover and implementation – ensuring complete coverage, appropriate quality, on time and to budget delivery.
- Leadership responsibility for the cutover and implementation stream – people leadership, scope and direction setting, motivation management.
- Stakeholder management of business units, vendors involved in cutover activities, including organising and driving relevant team/stakeholder meetings to achieve outcomes and decisions.
- Managing the creation and obtaining required sign offs for both technical and business cutover strategy and work plans
- Strong management of cutover entry, triage, exit and go/no go criteria
- Setting up processes and governance to effectively deliver JCR implementations and cutovers
- Being the “driving force of cutover and implementation” – provide sound and balanced advice on cutover readiness and activities, dealing with vendors as necessary to support cutover
- Oversee and manage the cutover command centre including setup of rosters, logistics and the integration of problem reporting and tracking into the established CX processes
- General programme management and reporting activities including
- Status reporting, milestone tracking
- Identification, management, escalation of dependencies, issues, risks associated with cutover
- Budget reporting for cutover activities.
- Tertiary qualifications in related disciplines
- Direct experiences in managing an IT/BU Implementation/ Cutover for a large scale project
- Proven experience in managing projects with the ability to multitask and manage multiple medium to large sized projects in a cross-functional environment
- Strong and effective influencing and communication skills both verbal and written; expertise in setting and managing user expectations especially when risks/ issues seem insurmountable
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate staff and to apply skills and techniques to solve dynamic problems
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all management levels
- Technical proficiency in hardware and system software is an advantage
- Self starter, tenacious and target-oriented
- Proven ability to work to tight timelines and under pressure
- Ability to coach, motivate and develop others
- Proficient in the use of MS Project, PowerPoint or similar
Application deadline: 15 February 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.