Reports to: Crew Planning Manager
Department: Flight Operations (FOP)
We are seeking a permanent team lead for the crew planning team as we journey through our transformation of developing next generation tools and improving our data capabilities. Generalists are welcomed to apply however you will be expected to quickly acclimatize to the crew resources environment by familiarizing with technical knowledge required, such as Approved Flight Time Limitation Scheme, as well as the Crew Pairing and Rostering process.
The incumbent will lead a high performing team in delivering our day to day production as well as to provide effective guidance for forward looking projects.
To ensure crew numbers of Cathay Pacific (CX) and Cathay Dragon (KA) are maintained at the optimal level and resources are sufficient to legally meet the business operating plan, are within company policy, compliant with industrial agreements and achieve business objectives and cost criteria.
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
- Set clear goals.
- Delegate tasks and set deadlines for your internal team.
- Develop and implement change initiatives related to business processes and technologies.
- Responsible for the Group’s ability to crew the commercial operating plan with the optimum number of crew at each crew rank.
- Recommend and adjust planning levers to suit the airlines’ requirement.
- Ensure the training plans are adjusted to reflect latest crewing requirements while balancing training establishment costs and pilot career progression.
- Maintain the leave systems including generation, award, and allocation of leave quotas.
- Coordinate strategical and operational initiatives for CX and KA Flight Operations, Flying Training, Inflight Services, Airline Planning, Cargo Planning, and Crew Resources teams.
- Ensure regular reviews of crew budget performance, crew levels, training plans, and crew planning assumptions.
- Develop, refine, analyze, and descant appropriate performance measures.
- Identify ways to improve and implement crew productivity and efficiency.
- Undertake studies for long term operation plan and special projects such as aircraft wet leasing, fleet and area of operation changes, and bases, etc.
- Tertiary educated with minimum of 5 years’ experience preferably in an airline operational environment.
- Experiences in working with optimization systems will be advantageous.
- Strong numerical skills with analytical and logical mindset.
- Excellent leadership, people management, negotiation and communication skills.
- Good command of both spoken and written English.
- Able to work independently and decisively under pressure.
- Setting Direction
- Leading and Engaging Teams
- Driving Business Performance Change
- Developing and Recognizing others
Application Deadline:24 January 2020
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.