Reports to: Assistant Manager Crew Planning
Department: Flight Operations (FOP)
The FOP Crew Planning team is looking for people with superb data analytics skill as well as experience in process design and refinement, to fill the Crew Planning Executive position. This is part of our continuous drive to improve efficiency and data centricity, which is not just about productivity but to replace manual work by more value added and intellectually challenging ones, improving lifestyle and a more fulfilling career development.
- Establish crew resources requirements for Cathay Pacific Group.
- Develop Flight Crew/Cabin Crew recruitment and training plans.
- Calculate Flight Crew/Cabin Crew training resources to meet the training plans.
- Identify and confirm Flight Crew/Cabin Crew leave allocation slots that match operations requirements and communicate with relevant sections and departments.
- Evaluate and determine Flight Crew/Cabin Crew reserve levels to meet requirements during non-scheduled operations and to cover sickness.
- Provide monthly Flight Crew/Cabin Crew plan for roster planning.
- Identify basing opportunities and perform cost-benefit analysis.
- Prepare annual Flight Crew/Cabin Crew budget plan.
- Conduct “what-if” analysis, costing and feasibility studies.
- Provide regular review and make recommendations to improve the team performance.
- Develop the team and individual members through development plans, teamwork and coaching.
- Support the management team as required and drive continuous improvements.
- Maintain technical knowledge required.
- Preserve the confidentiality of privileged Company managerial information.
- Tertiary education.
- Knowledge of Approved Flight Time Limitations Scheme, Conditions of Service, Rostering Practices and Crew Training requirement is a pre-requisite.
- Knowledge of Crew Planning, Pairing, or Roster handling is an advantage.
- Good ability in people management and communication skills.
- Good command of both spoken and written English.
- Good at Excel, PowerPoint, or equivalent.
- Able to work independently and decisively under pressure and within a team.
- Good planning and Organisation skills.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in crew management environment, or equivalent.
- Developing Professional Expertise
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Leading and Engaging Teams
- Developing and Recognising Others
Application deadline: 21 August 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.