At Cathay Pacific, we share one common aspiration: to be the world's best airline.
Cathay Pacific and its subsidiaries employ a total of over 28,000 people across 39 countries that we operate to. With a global team, we offer a diverse range of career choices and opportunities - in the air, on the ground; in customer service, in the office; managerial or professional roles. Our team of great people each plays a key role to deliver the quality service that we are famous for.
All China based positions are subject to local terms and conditions.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Mainland China. We are unable to assist applicants with visa or work permit applications.
Once employment is confirmed, the employment contract and personnel file will be arranged through local FESCO/ FASCO.
To lead the Corporate Sales Team to achieve and exceed the agreed Corporate and Travel Management Company (TMC) sales targets and revenue across the region through intelligent use of data.
To ensure that the Corporate Sales Team continuously seek to acquire new business and establish Cathay in new markets, while proactively negotiating and managing existing Corporate and TMC accounts.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Ensure that high value accounts are acquired as per agreed targets using a data and insights driven approach including working with the Business Development team to supply information on pricing, market behaviour, distribution landscape etc.) for analysis
- Maintain oversight to guarantee that sales actions are initiated and followed up in order to obtain sales leads and dynamically seek new business
- Actively assist in transforming the culture from one of relationship-based selling to an insights-driven smarter Sales force
- Ensure that the sales team engage in consultative and insightful selling techniques and services with a primary focus on new business development
- Transform from a relationship selling culture to a data-driven smarter Sales force
- Work closely with the Global Sales team and the to manage the local and regional relationships for Global Corporates or Global TMCs including allocating one point of customer contact for the Account Manager portfolio
- Maintain oversight to ensure that the existing portfolio of accounts / TMCs is well serviced in order to maintain and grow the value (focusing on revenue not necessarily the growth in portfolio size)
- Review to ensure the sales visits to clients and TMCs are conducted in a way to enhance sales opportunities and facilitate sales , including presentations, seminars, provide updates on products and services
- Actively seek ways to improve the quality of the revenue generated by the portfolio
- Ensure that appropriate prioritisation allows for focus on the top revenue generating corporate accounts and TMCs
- Oversee the negotiation of discount rates, commissions and contracts in a timely manner against a background of data and yields the best return on investment
- Be the airline’s ambassador within the portfolio to maintain strong relationships ensuring positive strong brand position
- Work closely with the Head of Business Development to actively manage the cost of sales needed to generate the revenue within the mandated parameters
- Closely monitor the effectiveness of incentive/discount schemes by conducting regular and timely performance reviews in order to maximise available and potential sales opportunities
- Actively promote the use of new tools and technology to enhance communication, convenience, efficiency and service experience in support of corporate travel business
- Utilise Salesforce.com to manage new and existing customers and sales activities
- Utilise sales tools including PRISM, MIDT, DDS (eSmash) to track the performance accounts
- Represent Cathay at industry and networking events
- Any other reasonable task as requested
People Development and Performance Management
- Lead, support and encourage own team to achieve success
- Build a strong and motivated team, ensuring the right organisational structure and the right people are in place to foster positive team spirit and facilitate teamwork
- Supervise and mentor direct reports, encouraging effective collaboration
- Demonstrate leadership and lead by example in accordance with Cathay’s core values
- Develop employees with high potential and identify learning opportunities to ensure appropriate training and development
- Maintain active and ongoing dialogue in relation to employee goals and individual performance
- Actively engage with employees to enhance communication and their understanding of department goals
- Enhance the employee experience in line with the role level and the internal brand promise
- Emergency and Accident and Crisis Response responsibilities as required
Qualifications / Experience
- Tertiary education in a directly related sales or marketing field
- Certification in a relevant Sales business field
Knowledge, skills, training and experience
- A minimum of seven years recent experience in Sales
- Knowledge of, or experience in, the airline industry is a distinct advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience in leading a target driven team to success
- Demonstrable networking and relationship management skills
- Has an achievement based record in achieving targets
- Strong negotiation skills
- Respectable level of PC literacy in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of PRISM, MIDT and Sales Force Automation Tool is preferred
- Adaptive to and embraces constant change
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.