Reports to: General Manager Financial Services
To evaluate and monitor the performance and activities of CX’s investment portfolio and peers. To act as principal co-ordinator for merger and acquisition transactions. To execute, to evaluate and to provide recommendation on merger and acquisition opportunities.
- Act as a competent financial advisor in respect to potential investment activity, demonstrating a big picture understanding of objectives, being precise in performing financial analysis and identifying and expressing views on sensitivities of key business drivers and establishing alternatives that may better address needs, communicating the foregoing effectively.
- Provide corporate finance support for ECC cases, investments/acquisitions or divestments/disposals >HK$100m (and below by exception), acting both as an advisor and independent assessor of strategic intent, coordinating process and development / review of associated board papers (maintaining official repository of all final papers), and providing recommendation to CFO / EPMO (following GM F&P endorsement)
- Complete post investment reviews, identifying learnings and corrective action plans where necessary
- Perform periodic group investment portfolio reviews, recommending options for investment / divestment, considering wider market opportunities, within and beyond the existing capital structure. Link this to impairment assessments for financial reporting purposes.
- Supporting, together with Head of Taxation and Head of Finance of subsidiaries, annual intercompany transfer pricing reviews for tax efficiency whilst adhering to commercial arm length principles
- Collection, digestion and insightful presentation of group versus industry/competitor performance
- Supporting investor relationship management
- Ad hoc requests by CFO / GMF&P
- Degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting
- At least 6 years of relevant experience financing transactions and 4 years’ post qualification experience
- Effective problem solving skills with an analytical mind set
- Proven planning and organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple and changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills including communication and presentation
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English and Chinese
- Proficient in negotiation
- Good communication skills
- Experience in investor relationship management an advantage
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that with effect from 1 June 2022 onwards, all Cathay employees and contractors who work in Cathay City and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong must have received a third dose of COVID 19 vaccine. Being tested regularly for COVID-19 is not an option. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons.