Report To: Senior Corporate Sales Manager
To achieve and exceed the agreed Corporate sales targets through intelligent use of data. Continuously seek to acquire new business and establish Cathay in new markets, while proactively negotiating and managing existing Global and Local Corporate accounts.
- Assist and develop strategies to achieve the agreed sales revenue target that being set
- Lead and coordinate Multi-Market Deals or Oneworld Alliance deals with parties concerned and referred to the related team for further business development
- Actively initiate and follow up on sales actions, obtain sales leads and dynamically seek new business
- Engage in consultative and insightful selling techniques and services with an enhanced focus on new business development
- Manage the relationship for Local Office of Global Corporates and Local Corporates
- Service existing portfolio or accounts in order to maintain and grow the value
- Develop and negotiate route deal offer with internal parties, response to RFPs (Request for Proposals), and prepare corporate fare proposal to key executive decision-makers and procurement managers in a timely manner
- Conduct quarterly performance reviews and regular sales visits, presentations, seminars, provide updates on products and services in enhancing sales opportunities and facilitate sales
- Support global sales team for local port’s operation issues to enhance and maintain business relationship at local level
- Maintain corporate profiles, as needed, by understanding and documenting customers' businesses, priorities and goals, and driving prompt resolutions of customer issues to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
- Ensure that appropriate prioritisation allows for focus on the top revenue generating corporate accounts
- Be the airline’s ambassador within the portfolio to maintain strong relationships ensuring positive strong brand position
- Closely monitor the effectiveness of incentive/discount schemes by conducting regular and timely performance reviews in order to maximize available and potential sales opportunities
- Handle enquiries and provide solutions to the unresolved problems raised by corporate customers or client service units in relation to clients' requests or questions.
- Actively promote the use of new tools and technology to enhance communication, convenience, efficiency and service experience in support of corporate travel business
- Utilize Salesforce.com to manage new and existing customers and sales activities
- Utilize PRISM to track the performance of the contracts
- Participate, plan, organise and attend on any sales and marketing activities related to maximise corporate sales revenue opportunities and promoting Cathay Pacific Corporate Programme to the market
- Communicate and liaise with parties concerned, including travel agents and GDS in working out effective sales proposal to capture, lock-in, and expand corporate spending on Cathay.
- Any other reasonable task as requested
- 3-5 years of airline commercial or sales experience.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to influence internal stakeholders as well as external clients.
- Proven commercial acumen, numerically literate, analytical and result oriented.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in teams, as well as independently.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight timelines.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, proficiency in Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Proficiency in using the sales tools e.g. salesforce.com, MIDT, and / or PRISM preferred.
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that with effect from 1 June 2022 onwards, all Cathay employees and contractors who work in Cathay City and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong must have received a third dose of COVID 19 vaccine. Being tested regularly for COVID-19 is not an option. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons