Reports to: Head of Procurement (Powerplant and Engineering Services)
Indirectly Reports to: General Manager Procurement and Aircraft Trading
The position is responsible for the contracting of Components and Landing Systems services globally, improving the productivity and value of the category by collaborating with client departments to manage third party expenditure through demand management, category planning and supplier relationship management.
Key Responsibilities and tasks
- Define and implement the category procurement strategy to actively manage costs and deliver value in product acquisition campaigns and component maintenance/support services.
- Source, negotiate and contract Components and Landing Systems maintenance services; manage subsequent supplier delivery.
- Liaise with all internal departments ensuring all component maintenance requirements are understood, considered and relayed to suppliers as necessary.
- Develop supplier relationships ensuring suppliers deliver as per their contractual obligations with a focus on long term supplier relationship management.
Qualifications / Experience
- 7 years' relevant experience.
- University graduate in related discipline.
- Relevant experience in supply market analysis, cost evaluation and contract management.
- Knowledge of the category economics and operating model is essential.
- Strong negotiation, influencing and commercial skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a proven ability to effectively develop relationships with cross-functional teams and at multiple organisation levels.
- Effective leadership and change management skills.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Setting Directions
- Leading and Engaging Teams
- Driving Business Performance and Change
- Developing and recognising others
Application Deadline: 18 January 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.