Reports to: Change Lead - CMP
Department: Flight Operations (FOP)
The Vision of the Crew Management Programme (CMP) is to have excellent systems and processes that significantly improve our crew’s satisfaction and our airlines’ productivity.
The Communications Lead is responsible for establishing and managing internal communications strategies, plans and activities for CMP. This should be done in line with the strategy, brand and tone of voice guidelines for FOP, ISD, and multiple crew groups in order to enhance the employee experience, improve employee engagement and ensure alignment behind business goals. The Communications Lead must align all work with clear engagement objectives and continually review channel effectiveness, introducing improvements and/or new channels as required.
The Communications Lead is expected to work closely with the rest of the CMP Change Management team in order to bring new integrated Crew Management practices to FOP and ISD.
- Develop communications strategies, plans and calendars as required, segmenting audiences and tailoring content as required
- Support the CMP programme GM, Programme Manager and Change Management Lead in the design and execution of initiatives to support the cascade of strategic communications activity
- Develop engaging communications content to drive key messages across all internal channels (Daily News, the monthly magazine, emails, social media, departmental newsletters etc.)
- Provide an advisory role to departments to ensure self-generated content is aligned with internal communications standards and support content creation, key messaging and communications initiatives as resources and priorities permit
- Work with business partners to support the execution of departmental communications activity
- Ensure all communications are aligned with brand, EVP and tone of voice guidelines
- Ensure internal communication messages are consistent with external messages, working with the Customer Department and relevant teams accordingly
- Interact with our FOP and ISD stakeholders to clarify the vision, the plans, the design decisions, the new processes and practices, and the benefits of the changes they will bring with CMP
- Present key messages to the different stakeholders via forums, roadshows, workshops etc.
- Cooperate with FOP and ISD communication teams to create and publish communications to ensure people know about the new programme, the changes it brings, and the benefits of these changes
- Maintain and enhance the CMP website, ensuring that content is current and engaging
- Conduct crew engagement assessments, and keep track of the success of the programme
- Bachelor degree in Communication, Marketing, HR or related field
- Strong knowledge of the internal communications industry landscape and the trends, tools and techniques that drive improved engagement
- Advanced written and verbal English communication skills and the ability to express complex topics and problematic, diverging views in diverse ways using engaging visuals, figures, stories, etc.
- Well-developed listening skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with all levels of stakeholders from Director to ground staff and flying crew
- High personal effectiveness with an ability to deal with diversity in a highly volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous environment
- Able to work independently as a self-starter, proactive, and finisher with good time management
- Collaborative team player, communicating clearly and checking often with other team members to keep everyone on board, and stay abreast of a wide range of issues
- Attention to detail, able to connect details with the big picture, find facts and opinions, distinguish one from the other, and verify and qualify the sources
- Proficiency in MS Office (particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Video development and editing
- 8+ years in internal/external Communication-related roles, preferably in multinational organisations
- Proven experience of translating complex and/or technical strategies and plans into simple, digestible messages for targeted employee groups
- Experience of managing internal communications strategies and initiatives for a mobile, geographically dispersed workforce
- Proven experience of delivering strong internal communications at a senior level
- Experience of working within a change environment and supporting transformation
- Experience in change & communication management, preferably sizeable within a multi-cultural or multi-regional environment, across a range of sectors and industry preferred to be able to bring external perspective to the current project team
- Experience of stakeholder management in high stakes environments with a very large number of counterparts with diverse and often conflicting needs
- Knowing our Business Environment
- Driving Service and Business Excellence
- Collaborating with Others
- Leading the Airline
Application deadline: 12 February 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.