Reports to: Head of GBS
Department:Global Business Services (GBS)
GBS will be Cathay Pacific's trusted partner in establishing end to end processes and services to deliver value through simplification, innovation and automation.
The ultimate purpose of this role is to deliver quality services, in a cost effective and efficient way, to all business units / subsidiaries, employees and external stakeholders.
This position will work closely with the GBS managers and the functional section leads to drive initiatives that will improve efficiency and productivity. This position is responsible for overseeing projects and monitoring plans to ensure deadlines are met while remaining aligned with GBS’ strategy, commitments and goals of the organisation.
We are looking for an individual with a good understanding of the strategic and operational issues of the project or business unit. This position will be working closely with the GBS representatives as well as BU key stakeholders to scope, design, plan, and execute an initiative.
The individual is expected to:
- Identify BU requirements for implementation of case management system
- Address prioritization of requirement and facilitate business decisions with BU
- Help design and configure case management solutions
- Act as lead contact point for liaising with vendors, system integrators, IT and BUs representatives as required
- Roll out training and testing plan with system integrator and BU users.
- Lead and attend meetings as required and provides regular and accurate status information to project participants
- Anticipate changes in processes, impact on teams and identify tasks to support adoption. Support Change Management activities.
- Lead on core systems projects with major programmes of work as required
- Plan, implement and control to ensure all projects are aligned with defined methodologies
- Define and manage project timeline, required resources, deliverables, budget which is agile and fits the needs of the projects
- Support and direct team through effective monitoring and leading quality assurance
- Present to stakeholders and report on progress as well as problems and solutions
- Implement and manage change when necessary to meet project outputs
- Evaluate and assess result of project
- Undergraduate qualifications in Business/IT Management
- 3-5 years relevant experience in a business process improvement environment, including solutions design and implementation
- Project management qualification (PMP) or equivalent
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the organization
- Highly detail oriented, logical and methodical in approach
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Capability to work independently with strong sense of responsibility
- Adaptability and flexibility including ability to manage pressure, ambiguity and change.
- Communication skills required for reporting on progress and leading meetings
- Strong project management with ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills to collaborate with Business Units and work with a diverse group of people to meet goals and objectives
- Strong written and verbal Chinese (Cantonese) and English communication skills
- Certified Yellow Belt (Completion of at least one yellow belt project) and completion of green belt training (or equivalent)
- Developing Professional Expertise
- Analysis and Problem-Solving
- Planning & Organising
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Teamwork and Building Partnership
- Communication Skills
- Leading and Engaging Teams
- Driving Business Performance and Change
Application deadline: 24 November 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.