Reports To: Cargo Duty Officer
Supervise and ensure that Cargo Officers carry out their duties efficiently and their
performance are up to standard and laid down procedures are carried out properly and
replicate the problems whenever required.
Maintain good communications between subordinates and Cargo Management.
Keep a close liaison with service providers (CPSL, HAS, GSEL, Unilode) to ensure
•Ensure to sufficient resource to carry out daily operations
•Ensure to maintain the office appliance and all equipment are always in good order
•Ensure tasks are evenly distributed and make appropriate adjustment when required
•Ensure all Service Leaders and Cargo Officers report duty on time and their uniform /
grooming are up to company standard
•Evaluate the performance and give fair assessment with concrete feedback to
Service leader and Cargo Officer
•Supervise all flight’s loading / unloading / departure are in accordance with the Rules
and Regulations established by the Company and ensure to achieve OTP
•Always be conversant with the handling procedures including but not limited to
damaged dangerous goods, electricity stoppage, bomb threat etc.
•Report and propose solutions to seniors and deal with all sorts of problems /
• Monitor the performance of all service providers (CPSL, HAS, GSEL) and maintain
close liaison on all loading related matters to ensure communication is carried out
• Ensure relaying all necessary data to service provider on time so as to maintain OTP
• Execute audit to the service providers in a timely manner
• Ensure the requirement on safety and regulatory compliance are met
• Carry out investigation for same day irregularity cases and submit reports to
• Ensure the services provided to the customer airlines, e.g. AHK & UO are up to the
airlines’ standard, including but not limited to Dangerous Goods acceptance,
• Conduct timely inventory check and assist Cargo Officer to maximize carrying
capacity of flights
• Go out to shipside in case of irregularities and take remedial action if required.
• Handle the ad hoc requests from CRM, HKS, GPO, Linehaul as well as the
• Prepare the different reports to Cargo Duty Officer (Operations)
• Assist the Cargo Duty Officer whenever it is necessary, including taking up shipment
care duty for operational Control Center (OCC) with customer interaction through
instant chat or email.
•Tertiary education or equivalent
•Minimum 3 years airline experience in cargo operations.
Job related knowledge
•Freighter load control and freighter ramp/loading operations experience would be an
Skills and language requirements
•Good command of both spoken and written English. Spoken and written Chinese is
•Good analytical, problem solving and planning skills
•A self-motivated leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
•Able to interact with people at all levels and from different cultural backgrounds
•Sound PC knowledge in MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
•Independent & detailed oriented
•Manage to work on shift schedules (including overnight and weekends)
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that with effect from 1 June 2022 onwards, all Cathay employees and contractors who work in Cathay City and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong must have received a third dose of COVID 19 vaccine. Being tested regularly for COVID-19 is not an option. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons