The skies are clearing and we’re ready to take off again. We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading airlines. Our reputation is built on a long track record of success, an ongoing commitment to our home Hong Kong, and on the delivery of customer service that’s straight from the heart. All of this is possible due to our talented people who share our passion for aviation and our commitment to being the best.
Join us and let your ambitions take you places!
We are looking for a permanent full-time Cargo Services Support Specialist to support our Cargo operations across Australia and New Zealand. Based in Sydney, this permanent full-time role will report to the Regional Head of Cargo, SWP.
Alongside the Regional Head of Cargo, the successful candidate will provide support in executing various regional cargo services and delivery strategies and initiatives, including supplier management, audits, analysis of regional service performance, and supporting the execution of services for specialised products.
- Support the execution of the regional cargo sales and cargo service delivery strategy by implementing and monitoring the cargo servicing plan
- Support management to drive operational excellence with contracted vendors by conducting regular meetings with service vendors to review key performance indicators and service levels as well as provide new policies updates
- Help to ensure compliance and conformance to safety and security standards, established regulatory, corporate and departmental policies and procedures and requirements
- Liaise closely with all port, regional and corporate stakeholders to ensure strong communication is maintained and focus areas are aligned, particularly related to port visits, audits, service items and regional services
- Support in the identification of future service and manpower needs, standardise and implement procedures, recommend and conduct training of cargo team members and suppliers
- Support the Regional Head of Cargo by generating and analysing regional reports related to supplier performance and service trends.
- Assist the Regional Head of Cargo with port performance reviews and help to establish an action plan to drive improvement. This may include maintaining Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and refining local service and standards to streamline cargo procedures to support core and specialised products
- Participate in audits including pre-assessments for new port or a changeover of Ground Handling Agent
- Assist the Area Cargo Managers and the Regional Head of Cargo to communicate with agents to maintain and increase customer base and revenue.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in cargo operations, sales and customer service role
- Prior project management experience to drive existing projects
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with the business and suppliers
- Demonstrable customer service mentality
- Excellent decision making and planning skills with the ability to multi-task
- Actively seeks continuous improvement and embraces data driven insights
- Strong attention to detail and the capability to work independently
- Adapts to and actively embraces change.
- Be part of the Cathay Pacific family and join a dynamic team culture working for one of the world’s Top 10 Global Airlines;
- Make the most of your leave and take advantage of travel industry discounts including flights, hotels, tours and car hire;
- Work your way with flexible hybrid work arrangements – split your work week and choose to work from the Sydney Cargo office in Mascot, our waterfront Barangaroo Town office or from the comforts of home;
- Enjoy Health benefits with 50% company subsidised private health insurance premiums;
- Fly high with career development opportunities to diversify your skills and experience within the Cathay Pacific family.
Personal & Application Information
Sound like you? Then we’d love to hear from you. Please apply with a cover letter outlining your experience and demonstrate why you're interested in this role.
Please note, you must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this role. We will not be sponsoring any Australian work visas.
Applications close Monday 3 October 2022.